Options

Speedlite 480EG

Erik OlsenErik Olsen Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
edited May 28, 2004 in Accessories
I just bought the Speedlite 480EG for my Canon 10D... the darn thing won't fire with the TTL show cord E plugged in...what in the heck am I missing here?:confused

HELP!!!:bash

Erik
Thank you,

Comments

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator
    edited May 28, 2004
    Erik Olsen wrote:
    I just bought the Speedlite 480EG for my Canon 10D... the darn thing won't fire with the TTL show cord E plugged in...what in the heck am I missing here?:confused

Erik
    Does the strobe seem to work properly on the hot shoe mount? If it does( and I have no idea if this flash works on a 10D), and does not work on the TTL cord socket - then I would suggest that either the cord is not seated properly at one end or the other, or the cord is defective. You might test the cord on a 10D with a Canon 550EX strobe and see if it works correctly. May have to borrow or beg a 550EX from someone for this....

Anyone else have any other suggestions?
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2004
    Erik Olsen wrote:

Erik
    The 10D specifies that an external flash be an "EX" The 10D will 'x-synch' at 1/200th so try setting the camera at 200th and using the flash in dumb mode.
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph