Options

To help get things started!

DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
edited September 27, 2009 in Street and Documentary
THis being a new subforum:

282480749_dPfRo-L.jpg

Don
Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook

Comments

• Options
    Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2009
    Wow, looks like someone certainly got things started in a rather flaming way! From the sign, it looks like Bancroft Tower Road, and I often go near there when I visit Worcester. From the leaves though, it doesn't look recent. I'm surprised that the Emergency Services allowed you that near, what with the flames licking around the gas tank… eek7.gif …so were you moved along?

Nice job! thumb.gif

- Wil

BTW: Deepest gratitude to The Chosen Ones for giving us a New Forum :D
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • Options
    chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
    OK ... here's my contribution ...

544313062_4CcfE-L.jpg

This vehicle rear ended another at a traffic light at 2AM on a
    Saturday morning. Driver was arrested for DUI. No injuries were suffered in either vehicle. More photos here .
    Chuck Cannova
    www.socalimages.com

Artistically & Creatively Challenged
  • Options
    Wil Davis wrote:
    Wow, looks like someone certainly got things started in a rather flaming way! From the sign, it looks like Bancroft Tower Road, and I often go near there when I visit Worcester. From the leaves though, it doesn't look recent. I'm surprised that the Emergency Services allowed you that near, what with the flames licking around the gas tank… eek7.gif …so were you moved along?

Nice job! thumb.gif

- Wil

BTW: Deepest gratitude to The Chosen Ones for giving us a New Forum :D
    This is on the street I live. Standing vertually in my own yard. Called it in! The street sign is missing, and yes this image is a tad old. Will post newer street scenes when I get to process some! :)
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    DonRicklin wrote:
    THis being a new subforum:

282480749_dPfRo-L.jpg

Don

Damn, Don! Great fire - but no people? No onlookers? Fire fighters? Nada? This really does cry out for something - I'll bet you have others from this fire, no?ne_nau.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    bdcolen wrote:
    Damn, Don! Great fire - but no people? No onlookers? Fire fighters? Nada? This really does cry out for something - I'll bet you have others from this fire, no?ne_nau.gif
    Actually this is from, 2001, just checked, and is a 35mm Photoworks film scan from then.

This occurred on a three house, dead end street and there were not a lot of people around. There is a firefighter in the background hooking up the hose. They knocked it down quickly. Car was parked on leaves and the exhaust system set the fire. The owner was not on hand, immediately.

Here is an aftermath shot. It was quickly towed after this:

282481006_tnyfS-L.jpg

This is what I had posted in my 'Street Scenes' SM Gallery. I'll see what else I can find from the shoot to post later.

(No PP by me.)

Don
  • Options
    chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2009
    Do I Owe an Apology?
    When I posted my photo I thought I was just jumping on the "Help Get Things Started" bandwagon. It occurred to me later that I might have been perceived as trying to hijack Don's thread.

That was not my intention and I apologize to anyone who may have any misgivings about my post. It was just a case of acting before thinking.

Sorry 'bout that, Don.
    Chuck Cannova
    www.socalimages.com

Artistically & Creatively Challenged
  • Options
    edited September 27, 2009
    When I posted my photo I thought I was just jumping on the "Help Get Things Started" bandwagon. It occurred to me later that I might have been perceived as trying to hijack Don's thread.

That was not my intention and I apologize to anyone who may have any misgivings about my post. It was just a case of acting before thinking.

Sorry 'bout that, Don.
    No problem, at least it compliments mine. Instead of being some other sort of Street Scene, like Buskers. Which I will get to in a future thread! :D

Don