Options

Lonely bedroom

WinemanWineman Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
edited October 1, 2009 in Go Figure
Hi,

A bedroom with just a lonely girl, this space gave me the opportunity to use my 12-24 f/4, yes I know it's not the best lens for this kind of work, but I was actually going for the weird perspective this lens gives.

What I was trying to portray here is a lonely bedroom... just a girl and a bed no one to share with...
anyways the WB was all over the place, so you will see slight color cast on some of the pics.

as always please any C&C is really appreciated.

This is Vicky

659049226_VjAWZ-L.jpg

659058070_BMuA3-L.jpg

659063035_EqiQh-L.jpg

659063993_qjLZa-L.jpg

659064770_tq738-L.jpg

659064384_cXsgA-L.jpg

659069275_uZEtE-L.jpg

Thank you much or stopping by!

Z.
I do not suffer insanity... I enjoy it!!!

Comments

• Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2009
    W i d e !

You need to shoot wide to show lonely..at least with this set up.

I do see bored though, and sultry and seductive. I love light, and lots of it, but I think it does a disservice in trying to emote lonely...unless it is wider and preferably with Natural light.

And , someone correct me if I am wrong..but be careful when a model touches themselves, in a sexual manner. I might like it, but I don't generally allow it!

Otherwise, nice shootin~
    tom wise
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2009
    Hey Z,
    thank you for sharing your experiments!
    Allow me to skip the obvious (I do love pictures of semi-nekkid pretty ladies as the next guy:-) and cut to the chase.

I do not get "bored" feeling from this. ne_nau.gif
    I see a well lit room, an inexperienced but willing model and a series of attempts to pretend she has nothing better to do but to play with herself.
    The WA lens brings a certain comical effect, again removing "bored" from a potential set of keywords for this set. To me the series is about you (as a photographer) and her (as a model) having fun shooting and slowly getting rid of items of clothing, but that's about it.

Don't get me wrong: there is nothing majorly bad with the images themselves. But my understanding is that you were shooting "for the effect", yet, imho, you missed the mark completely. Wrong lighting, wrong poses, wrong facial expressions...

It's an interesting concept, though, and I think it would be great if you could have a retake. In the mean time the whole series can be used as "pretty girl in bed getting ready..." mwink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited September 28, 2009
    angevin1 wrote:
    And , someone correct me if I am wrong..but be careful when a model touches themselves, in a sexual manner. I might like it, but I don't generally allow it!

Otherwise, nice shootin~

Thanks Mr Wise for your comments, just one question, is it a personal thing not allowing a model to touch herself? is it a forum rule? (I really don't want to get banned) please advise me if I should remove one of the photos.

I totally agree with the wide comment, in this particular room it was kind of difficult because its tiny (the room), I will try to repeat this shoot on a larger room, that not necessarily illuminates all the room with one flash.

Nik, thanks for your input, I will have a retake in a larger room with the same model, she actually liked this photos so much she want's some more. I will try not to screw it up!

Regards.

Z.
  • Options
    edited September 29, 2009
    Wineman wrote:
    Thanks Mr Wise for your comments, just one question, is it a personal thing not allowing a model to touch herself? is it a forum rule? (I really don't want to get banned) please advise me if I should remove one of the photos.

I totally agree with the wide comment, in this particular room it was kind of difficult because its tiny (the room), I will try to repeat this shoot on a larger room, that not necessarily illuminates all the room with one flash.

Nik, thanks for your input, I will have a retake in a larger room with the same model, she actually liked this photos so much she want's some more. I will try not to screw it up!

Regards.

Z.
    I don't think for a minute you screwed this up: due to her liking them, as well as you. The caveat being: You asked for others opinions, and...we gave 'em.

No, I am certain the moderators would have said something if the photo in question was an issue. Personally I like the pose as a dramatic pose, and it is actually very nicely executed. But, the rules in the Sticky, do mention sexual acts, and rightly so, because sexual acts have been held to be obscene in a public forum. As soon as a gal or a guy starts to touch themselves in a sexual manner, we get into gray areas and we DEF don't want to enter gray areas with our chosen art! Certainly I am not the authority on the subject, There are just certain things that throw up flags. How the rest of the Internet gets away with overt sex acts is way beyond my understanding.

So yes, shoot her again and share with us here again!
    tom wise
  • Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2009
    Just for the record, girls grab their breasts all the time without it being a sex act. Clothed (even in lingerie), it definitely would not occur to me that she is "touching herself". In the shot in question, it just looks like a dramatic pose. All that being said, I agree that as photographers we should try to keep it clean and be careful walking that fine line.

I really like #1. She could use a little light in her eyes, which could have been accomplished with a reflector, I think. She has such beautiful eyes. This is the most natural looking shot to me. There's a calm and intimate feeling about it.

Caroline
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2009
    Just for the record, girls grab their breasts all the time without it being a sex act. Clothed (even in lingerie), it definitely would not occur to me that she is "touching herself". In the shot in question, it just looks like a dramatic pose. All that being said, I agree that as photographers we should try to keep it clean and be careful walking that fine line.

I really like #1. She could use a little light in her eyes, which could have been accomplished with a reflector, I think. She has such beautiful eyes. This is the most natural looking shot to me. There's a calm and intimate feeling about it.

Caroline

Thanks Caroline for your insight! Its always great to have a female opinion!!!

She does have beautiful eyes! here is another of my favorites from this shoot

659078379_U8v9L-L.jpg

thanks for stopping by!

Z.
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2009
    Wineman wrote:
    Thanks Caroline for your insight! Its always great to have a female opinion!!!

She does have beautiful eyes! here is another of my favorites from this shoot

thanks for stopping by!

Z.
    This one I like a lotthumb.gif , and I would like it even beter if it was not for a bright yellow cast and some unattactive pillow hem under her shoulder...
    Suggestions:
    1) play with WB or go BW
    2) clone/blur the offender, shouldn't be too hard...
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    This one I like a lotthumb.gif , and I would like it even beter if it was not for a bright yellow cast and some unattactive pillow hem under her shoulder...
    Suggestions:
    1) play with WB or go BW
    2) clone/blur the offender, shouldn't be too hard...

Mee too! I love this one...the offending hem isn't much, but it can be removed so easily, and prob worth it! The tone doesn't bother me, but I bet is was a component of trying to up the levels to try and help blow it out a bit~
    tom wise