edited September 27, 2009 in People
661830333_vBMJH-X2.jpg
bd@bdcolenphoto.com
"He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed

Comments

• FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2009
    I'm loving the expression and vitality you captured ... and the reflection. Looks like you might have cropped it. Whatever. The framing is near perfect.

I struggle with the sharp contrast of midday lighting. I would have tried to work out some unobtrusive fill flash. But then the shot would have been gone!

Va

Email
  • Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2009
    Nice picture, interesting composition; what is it she's climbing on? From the angle of the light it looks like it was taken in the early morning or late afternoon.

Colour isn't you somehow… …I think you to be much more of a B&W person :D

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2009
    Wil Davis wrote:
    Nice picture, interesting composition; what is it she's climbing on? From the angle of the light it looks like it was taken in the early morning or late afternoon.

Colour isn't you somehow… …I think you to be much more of a B&W person :D

- Wil
    Thanks Virginia and Wil - yes, it is cropped - can't figure out how to get a square out of a DSLR, and I'm more and more drawn to squares. But the original vertical actually worked pretty well compisitionally.
    Shot late in afternoon - good call, Wil. :D. As to B+W, my daughter said she's like to see it that way.
    Oh, and the girl is on a fire engine-themed climbing installation.
    And, yes, Va, the harsh light's a killer, but I really don't want to screw around with flash in that kind of situation, and the reflection gives me the whole face.rolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed