Options

Suggest good photo ops in South Maine - Fall foliage

net1994net1994 Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
edited September 28, 2009 in Location, Location, Location!
Hi all! I will be traveling from Boston, MA to Brunswick Maine in a week or two. I will be traveling from Boston via Rt 95 to Portland area and then Brunswick. The trip will be 3-4 days and is strictly a photo expedition to capture fall foliage, etc. I am having a hard time find interesting spots along the way or in south eastern Maine or southern eastern New Hampshire. I have used Google maps and a bit of online research and found lots of information with much of it not what I’m looking for. I don’t want ANY photos of Light houses etc, hose photos have all been taken.

I’m looking for interesting and unique places where I can incorporate fall color. Abandoned mills, barns etc. Small streams with plenty of fall color. Interesting, old towns that are somewhat shabby/run down, like out of a Hitchcock movie. I’d really love to get a good time lapse shot of rushing water on a river with great foliage. I selected Brunswick ME (north of Portland) as it has an interesting waterfall. I’ve also seen LOTS of pine trees near some of the rivers, not good color ha ha. Can you think of any small-medium rivers with lots of deciduous trees in S. ME?
Candy For Your Eyes @ Paint By Pixels

http://www.paintbypixels.com

Comments

• Options
    lfortierlfortier Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2009
    At that time of the year, I would head inland towards the NH border and possibly on to Vermont. Rt 100 in VT is loaded with farms and streams and that area along with central NH will probably be peak foliage at that time.

For myself, I'll be in the Mt. Washington Valley next week.

Good luck and have fun.
  • Options
    net1994net1994 Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2009
    lfortier wrote:
    At that time of the year, I would head inland towards the NH border and possibly on to Vermont. Rt 100 in VT is loaded with farms and streams and that area along with central NH will probably be peak foliage at that time.

For myself, I'll be in the Mt. Washington Valley next week.

Good luck and have fun.

After thinking it over a bit, I think I will go to Vermont , near Killington. There are lots of waterfalls in the Green Mountains National forest. Plus there are a lot less pine trees in Vermont and this is not the case for Maine.

Thinking of getting up there on Sunday Oct 4th and stay for 3+ days in the aarea? Is that too early or late? Can you think of any interesting spots in the area besides the usual rustic looking farm?
    Candy For Your Eyes @ Paint By Pixels

http://www.paintbypixels.com