Images not right? PLEASE HELP!

B RockB Rock Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
edited September 28, 2009 in Digital Darkroom
I have an issue with my bridge and photoshop. Whenever I take the image and see it in Bridge Preview it looks great. It looks right on the LCD of the camera as well. But the second I open it in Adobe RAW the image is dark and I have to bump the exposure at least +1. It has always done this and it drives me nuts. Anyone know a fix for this?

Brock

Comments

• Miguel DelinquentoMiguel Delinquento Registered Users Posts: 904 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2009
    Describe your color management approach. How is your monitor calibrated? Do you have any kind of presets that change the file as it is imported into ACR? Also, are your problematic images jpegs or RAWs or what?

Also, if you are shooting RAW, don't evaluate a RAW image solely by what the camera LCD displays. You are just looking at a small embedded jpg. Useful for framing a shot and some histogram guidance but that's about it.

M
  • PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    You're seeing the camera's jpg and comparing it to the RAW image - apples and oranges.

I don't use Adobe RAW, but in Lightroom I can set a camera profile and import settings in such a way that every time I import a RAW file from my camera it applies some settings that are generally needed. In your case that would be exposure +1.

I imagine there's a way to do this in Adobe RAW also.
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    Ignore what the image looks like on the cameras LCD screen. What does the histogram show? To me it sounds like you may be continually under exposing your images for some reason.

What do the prints look like? Post a link to a RAW file that demonstrates this behavior and lets see what others w have to say.

Sam
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited September 28, 2009
    Pupator wrote:
    I imagine there's a way to do this in Adobe RAW also.

Yes, in ACR you can save any settings you like as the default. You can also have a specific default for each ISO, which is convenient for varying sharpening and noise reduction. You can create any number of named presets as well.

To the OP: what is the brightness setting when the image opens in ACR? I have my default set at 50, which seems to work pretty well. If you have it at zero, then that would explain what you are seeing.