grandson in my studio

VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
edited September 30, 2009 in People
I am trying to make better use of Lightroom, I really don't use it much, but I feel like I should, so I just used a preset on this and a tiny touch up from PS. I am pretty happy with it!

662392777_xS9r8-L.jpg
Trudy
www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700

Comments

• kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2009
    I LOVE IT!!! The hat is a riot :) What a sweetie pie. It turned out wonderfully!! :)
    VayCayMom wrote:
    I am trying to make better use of Lightroom, I really don't use it much, but I feel like I should, so I just used a preset on this and a tiny touch up from PS. I am pretty happy with it!

662392777_xS9r8-L.jpg
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    Thanks, my daughter thinks it makes him look like a cute migrant worker! It is a girl's hat but don't tell his dad.
    Trudy

NIKON D700
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    Love the shot; love the processing. My only nit is the dof - I would SOOoooOOO have loved that hand in focus! Seems to me that with the kind of high-key shot you've done, clarity throughout is more typical of what I've seen.

That said, it's an awesome shot and that is a very picky-oony kind of comment!!
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2009
    VayCayMom wrote:
    I have a hate-love relationship with LR. I used to hate it, now I love it. I tried it, couldn't get used to it and stopped using it. I kept seeing raves about it so I thought I had to be missing something. I tried it again and then it clicked for some reason. I rarely use something else now. The funny thing is that I've heard similar stories.

Very cute shot clap.gif I sort of agree that it would be nice that the left arm would have been more in focus, but the way it is doesn't really bother me too much either.

I think part of what makes the shot is actually the shirt; I love it, and seems to go well with the hat/shot. If it would have been a plain shirt, or something with a print, it would have been totally different I think.
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Love the shot; love the processing. My only nit is the dof - I would SOOoooOOO have loved that hand in focus! Seems to me that with the kind of high-key shot you've done, clarity throughout is more typical of what I've seen.

That said, it's an awesome shot and that is a very picky-oony kind of comment!!

I think his hand was moving, what should I have done to capture this better, what settings on my camera?
    Trudy

NIKON D700
  • Howe Creative PhotographyHowe Creative Photography Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
    edited September 30, 2009
    Cute photo! Adorable little guy!

Something to remember with moving kids, make sure you Shutter Speed is around 500.
    Bridget:ivar

Nikon D80
    Nikon D300s (on it's way)
    Nikon 24-70 f/2.8
    Tamron 18-200mm
    Nikon 50mm f/1.8
    Nikon 70-300mm
    Tamron 90mm macro
    some lights and backgrounds