A few from the past few weeks..

FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
edited September 28, 2009 in People
I haven't been on here much since school started...(teacher by day), but I was able to get some shooting in. I had a wedding last Saturday and another this Saturday so I'll be an editing fool...(note to self, by external hard drive, your mac is full)

So here to annoy you again, is a pic of my main focus in life.....my kids.. CC always welcomed

1. Peanutbutter
662573299_Zoh2i-L.jpg

2. Bubba
662573475_E4LwC-L.jpg
~Shannon~

Canon 50D, Rebel XTi,Canon 24-105L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430EX
www.sbrownphotography.smugmug.com
my real job
looking for someone to photograph my wedding 8/11

Comments

• rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2009
    Never an annoyance (at least for a parent whose kids were once the age your are :cry ).

Lighting and processing are beautiful. It does look like the first one is a forced smile, like she has a few more years of smiling for you than your son has.

So recently, my daughter asked why I have so many more photos of her younger brother. I pulled out a couple of albums and showed her frowning at my camera for half of the shots (a pic is worth a thousand words...) and she laughed and said "Oh!".
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2009
    just lovely! cute shots and nice conversions. looks to me (on this bad monitor) like they contrast needs to be boosted just a notch.
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    Hey Flutist :)..... a couple of very nice shots here.

#1 what a cute little lady..the smile does seem a bit forced and I find with children you should shoot in burst mode because their expressions change so quickly and if you shoot multiple shots in a row in exponentially increases your chances of getting a good one. Also, her irises could be a tinge brighter that would make them "sparkle". You might try create a dup layer and setting the blend mode to screen and then masking the entire thing in black to hide it. Select your brush with soft bristle and set the opacity to about 5% and then very lightly paint over her hair just where you see the highlights. This adds depth and more punch to the overall picture.

#2 this little guy is going to break some hearts for sure. Great DOF here. As with his sister, I think just ever so slightly lighter on the iris would give it a bit of punch....and my only real nit, and it is just something that caught my eye....is that tuft of hair over his left ear is sticking out.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
  • FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
    Thanks Randy! MY daugther....well she is her mother....hard pressed to get a good smile out of her in front of the camera rolleyes1.gif

I'll adjust the eyes on both and yes my son's little bit of hair... thumb.gif
    ~Shannon~

Canon 50D, Rebel XTi,Canon 24-105L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430EX
    www.sbrownphotography.smugmug.com
    my real job
    looking for someone to photograph my wedding 8/11