Just a quick shot of Little Man this evening.

PhotosbyKWPhotosbyKW Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
edited September 29, 2009 in People
Have been fighting with Vista all weekend so needed a little something to cheer me up a bit. Since Noise Ninja is still down, these are a bit noisey, but hey, still not bad for 1600 ISO.
Consistantly Inconsistant.

www.PhotosbyKW.smugmug.com

Comments

• Mr. QuietMr. Quiet Registered Users Posts: 1,047 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2009
    He looks like me when I was his age! Where is the noise again?
    If you work at something hard enough, you WILL achieve your goal. "Me"

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D
    Tamron SP AF90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1

Welcome to my NEW website!

Mr. Christoferson
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    Mr. Quiet wrote:
    He looks like me when I was his age! Where is the noise again?

I'm with you Mr. Quiet..what noise? What gear are you using PhotosbyKW?
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
  • PhotosbyKWPhotosbyKW Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    Sorry, been having crash issues all weekend. This was shot with EOS 400D at 1600, and 70-200 f4IS lens. No flash. Processed with Elements 55.0

Well, I don't see it here but on my monitor, RAW shot files always look excessively grainy. Don't know why since all settings are still turned off for .jpegs as well, but RAWs always look that way. Normally, I use Noise Ninja, but it is down right now, too.

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2009
    I don't really see any noise in this either but, and I'm probably the only one, I usually don't really care about noise.

Cute shot! It seems like he was having fun, too! I would have probably upped the blacks just a bit as far as processing, but in general very nice!
  • DeuceFourDeuceFour Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
    I know what would cheer you up.... A brand new Mac!! thumb.gif Nice picture to btw, but why were you shooting at 1600 iso? Seems to be plenty of light for a lower ISO? headscratch.gif
  • PhotosbyKWPhotosbyKW Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    Was shooting it at 1600 intentionally. I'd been having problems with the computer software, and among other things, had lost noise ninja, so I just snapped this one off at high ISO so I could use it as an example picture to play with other settings to try to figure out the best way to omit noise without the other program.

Maybe the problem is just the way it looks on my monitor?

Maybe I should print it and compare the two?

You think upping the blacks would help? The overall photo looks just a bit "flat" to me. FWIW- the chainsaw and hard hat are pretty faded, and his skin is pretty pale, but they both naturally look that way so it is a fair representation. Really nothing in the frame to liven it up a bit, so I don't know what I am really thinking of to improve it. Just more or less thinking out loud. Yall feel free to play with it if you want.

KAW.

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    PhotosbyKW wrote:
    You think upping the blacks would help? The overall photo looks just a bit "flat" to me. FWIW- the chainsaw and hard hat are pretty faded, and his skin is pretty pale, but they both naturally look that way so it is a fair representation.
    Actually, now that I look on my other monitor and histogram, I don't really have a problem with the blacks :D I probably wouldn't do much to it, maybe desat the green a bit?
    20090929-j75q67f6sf12nwfqwxh9ej5dht.jpg

PhotosbyKW wrote:
    Really nothing in the frame to liven it up a bit,
    well, does there need to be? I guess it depends on what you wanted with the shot, but not every shot has to be a prizewinner. It's hard enough to get 'a nice shot' of kids sometimes :D