10-speed

silversx80silversx80 Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
edited September 28, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
660310710_AoWdN-L.jpg

C&C is always welcome, thanks for looking.
- Joe
http://silversx80.smugmug.com/
Olympus E-M5, 12-50mm, 45mm f/1.8
Some legacy OM lenses and an OM-10

Comments

• CoryUTCoryUT Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2009
    Joe, I really like this shot. For me the right side is a little too dark - mainly in the upper right corner. Very cool perspective, though.
    Daily Shot
    My Photographic Adventures

Nikon D7000 | 10-20 | 50 | 55-200
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2009
    Well executed shot.

There actually are ten sprockets on this freewheel. I have been out of bicycling for awhile, but am surprised that this even exists. How many front sprockets does this have?

Anyway, my interest in the gear is piqued. I really like the way you visualized and carried out this photo.

Thanks for sharing!
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    thumb.gif Nicely done! clap.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • silversx80silversx80 Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
    Thanks all, you're too kind.
    CoryUT wrote:
    JFor me the right side is a little too dark - mainly in the upper right corner.

It's funny, because that is what I was trying to do mwink.gif . I wanted the cassette to pop out of the shadow so I set my flash to have the light give me that effect, and I amplified it somewhat in post. The upper right is really dark because it's the furthest away from the flash, and the seat stay, chain stay and dropout are all black in that area. I probably could give it a little crop and see what happens.
    rainbow wrote:
    There actually are ten sprockets on this freewheel. I have been out of bicycling for awhile, but am surprised that this even exists. How many front sprockets does this have?

The 10-speed cassette has been out for a few years now. When I got my first road bike in 2005, it was still a 9-speed cassette, but the next line up was a 10.

I only have two up front.
    - Joe
    http://silversx80.smugmug.com/
    Olympus E-M5, 12-50mm, 45mm f/1.8
    Some legacy OM lenses and an OM-10