A couple candids

RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
edited September 28, 2009 in People
Here's a couple candids of my little princess. C&C welcome

EDIT: Replaced #2 with a warmer version.

#1: Tested out a technique running at f/11 in the middle of the day to drop the ambient light to make it appear as if you are shooting at night. The two shots here were taken moments apart.
662329298_AdSJ2-XL.jpg

#2 I just loved her little expression
663277953_3qTCr-XL.jpg
Randy Brogen, CPP
www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP

Comments

• rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2009
    I love these shots. You are one lucky daddy!

BTW, the second one is somewhat bluish on my monitor. The f/22 seemed to work wonderfully well in the first shot as that looks like a night shot and highlights her very well.

Thanks for sharing.
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2009
    rainbow wrote:
    I love these shots. You are one lucky daddy!

BTW, the second one is somewhat bluish on my monitor. The f/22 seemed to work wonderfully well in the first shot as that looks like a night shot and highlights her very well.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Rainbow. Yes I am very lucky with 3 great kids and a wonderful wife....life is good ;). I'll double check...it seems a bit blue on mine now as well .. hmmmmm
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

edited September 28, 2009
    RBrogen wrote:
    Thanks Rainbow. Yes I am very lucky with 3 great kids and a wonderful wife....life is good ;). I'll double check...it seems a bit blue on mine now as well .. hmmmmm

Actually just double checked the setting....while I did shoot some at f/22 this one was actually f/11 hmmmm the senility is setting it lol
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• Dave CleeDave Clee Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    Hey Randy, I like em both..with #2 being my favourite. Its the expression that wins me over. That photo will get even better as the years pass by.
    As far as the f22 concept, I'll have to give that a try.

Cheers

Dave
    Still searching for the light...

http://www.daveclee.com

Nikon D3 and a bunch of nikkor gear
    that has added up over the years :wink
  • marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    Interesting! I haven't tried that overpowering daylight/sun type of thing yet. It looks really cool. I do love #2, though, because her expression is just too cute.
  • rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    Love both of them for what they represent, the serious study of what she has in her hands in number 1 and the personality and happiness in the second one. Hard to pic.

Looks like you had a fun weekend with the kids and the camera. Very nice shots of your two adorable children.
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
    Thanks all for the kind words...I'm very lucky...and in "BIG TROUBLE" with this one lol.

David/Mari: That shot was actually at f/11....I thought at first it was f/22 but I double-checked it and the funny thing is that the sun acted as both ambient lighting which was blocked almost entirely by the high f-stop and as the primary light which is why I thought it was a different result. The difference being is that the ambient light behind her was in the shade of the trees which broke into direct sunlight right where she was sitting resulting in a "spot light" effect.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com