Photoshop borders (polaroid type) easy & affordable

wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
edited July 5, 2005 in Finishing School
Occasionally, I like to put a border on a print with "polaroid" or "paintbrush" type edge. I know of a few ways to do the edges and there are some PS plug-in software packages that add the functionality to photoshop (sometimes for big bucks - like the auto f/x brand).

But I found a bargain source for doing borders like the above mentioned "polaroid" and other types of borders. I was playing around on ebay and I found a seller who was selling easy to use "photoshop actions and scripts" including 75+ pre-created masks. I put in the basic starting bid of $9.00 and won the bid. He emailed me the package including the files and video tutorials on how to use them (installation and use). I was pretty impressed at the level of "completeness" of his effort for a mere $9. I'm also buying a 2nd package he has with "actions and scripts" for graduated filter effects. I haven't tried those yet so can't comment on that package.

I thought there might be a dgrin user who also might want to try his package out. Here's the links:

The item I bought:
Photo Edge FX & Actions for Adobe Photoshop 7,CS&CS2

The guy's ebay Store (his name is Stuart Little from Scotland):
The Little Photoshop

His actual website:
http://www.stuartlittle.info/

Here's one of my prints using his action and one of his supplied edges - not necessarily the best example:

27240061-L.jpg

Enjoy :):
john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
Edward Steichen

Comments