A Few from a Recent Backyard Shoot

Dancer72Dancer72 Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited September 28, 2009 in People
Here are a few candid shots of my 3 year old right after she was caught biting her brother for not moving off the slide fast enough...the first shot taken with a 24 - 105 L (my default lens) and the other 2 were taken with a 135MM L Prime (that my husband & I have been testing).

As always C&C most welcome, especially on the b&w as I am trying to work on the various levels, etc to avoid the pic looking muddy.

#1 Getting spoken to by Daddy for biting her brother
663274343_Bvy6T-L.jpg

#2 Resigned to the fact that she's not getting out of a timeout
663230778_m3Sqq-L.jpg

#3 Upset that her big brother wasn't ready to accept her apology
663231403_ikYfU-L.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look!
Caroline
Caroline Brogen

Member: PPA, PPAM
Gallery: http://photos.brogen.com/Public-Gallery/Carolines-Gallery

Comments

• WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2009
    I can't see #1. Edit: #1 just showed up. What a cutie! She doesn't look particularly upset.

#2 is good, thought I don't necessarily see resigned.

Love #3 - very expressive. clap.gif Edit: Might work better with a tighter crop.
  • Dancer72Dancer72 Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    WhatSheSaw wrote:
    I can't see #1. Edit: #1 just showed up. What a cutie! She doesn't look particularly upset.

#2 is good, thought I don't necessarily see resigned.

Love #3 - very expressive. clap.gif Edit: Might work better with a tighter crop.

Sorry for the broken link...#1 should show up now. Oh glad you can see it! Yes, she typically uses the angelic look with Daddy to try & get out of "big trouble" as she puts it. rolleyes1.gif

Agree in #2 she probably wasn't completely resigned to her fate...knowing her as we do...more than likely she was trying to think of a way to get out of her timeout. headscratch.gif

Thanks for the great feedback!

EDIT: Will give the tighter crop on #3 a try...thanks again!
    Caroline Brogen

• rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    She is so precious. You have done a great job of capturing the emotions of the incident. I love all of them but the last one is so precious. She is adorable!!!
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • ScootersbabygirlScootersbabygirl Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    Awww! I love the third one - so absolutely adorable. You might want to try putting all three together in some sort of a collage? Like #1 and #2 small and then #3 larger on the right side - would be adorable!!
    rhondavid wrote:
    She is so precious. You have done a great job of capturing the emotions of the incident. I love all of them but the last one is so precious. She is adorable!!!

rhondavid:

She is a very easy subject to work with...we never lack for original and different shots,as long as we're fast enough to catch them.

Thanks so much for your kinds words; I really appreciate them!
    Caroline Brogen

Awww! I love the third one - so absolutely adorable. You might want to try putting all three together in some sort of a collage? Like #1 and #2 small and then #3 larger on the right side - would be adorable!!

What a great concept to put the 3 shots into a collage...thanks for the idea Scootersbabygirl! #3 seems to be the general favorite; mine as well. Taken in a split second - my husband was half a step behind with his shot & it was gone. Can't tell you how lucky I feel to have captured it.

Thanks for taking the time to look & comment!
    Caroline
    Caroline Brogen

• VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    awww what a precious series. Put those in a story board collage and it will be a priceless treasure for years and years to come!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700