haircut..woops!

QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
edited September 30, 2009 in People
So my 3 year old Brendan was due for hair cut today. Mom charged up the shears and started chopping away. I suggested a little shorter in the back...then some more off the sideburns..now it's a bit uneven on one side..shave some off there..now got take off a little more off the back to even things out..whoops, there's a gouge *sigh*..yeah better shave it all off now.

Oh dear.

663048170_2Wn4B-L.jpg

663051701_j7LWA-XL.jpg

663048614_z2TvD-L.jpg

663046404_sDo4Y-L.jpg
D700, D600
14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
85 and 50 1.4
45 PC and sb910 x2
http://www.danielkimphotography.com

Comments

• KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2009
    I really like that first one.

Sounds like an adventure :)
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    I guess whoops covers it - almost :D There's an old saying, "The difference between a good haircut and a bad one is about 1 week." I don't think they were thinking of this though :lol Poor guy.

I really like his expression in #2 thumb.gif
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    thanks for looking scott and kinkajou. At LEAST he seems to like it..he keeps running his hand over his head and gigigleing saying how scratchy it is!thumb.gif
    D700, D600
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    He is soo handsome it doesn't matter, all the better to see his features!!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2009
    Qarik wrote:
    Oh dear.
    lol3.gif You got some great pics out of it, though :D

#2 and #4 are my favorites. I like the colors and mood you've created, but maybe they could be a tad lighter? I'm not sure though.
  • Dancer72Dancer72 Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited September 30, 2009
    ivar wrote:
    lol3.gif You got some great pics out of it, though :D

#2 and #4 are my favorites. I like the colors and mood you've created, but maybe they could be a tad lighter? I'm not sure though.

15524779-Ti.gif...#2 & #4 were my favs as well. I like the way his face (especially his eyes) are the focal point & then everything drops off around his ears. Would you mind sharing what lens you used, as well as your camera settings? I have been testing a 135mm L Prime as well as an 85mm L Prime trying to achieve these types of results with children's portraits/candids, sometimes successful on the DOF and sometimes not.

Thanks for sharing these!
    Caroline Brogen

Member: PPA, PPAM
    Gallery: http://photos.brogen.com/Public-Gallery/Carolines-Gallery
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    Dancer72 wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif...#2 & #4 were my favs as well. I like the way his face (especially his eyes) are the focal point & then everything drops off around his ears. Would you mind sharing what lens you used, as well as your camera settings? I have been testing a 135mm L Prime as well as an 85mm L Prime trying to achieve these types of results with children's portraits/candids, sometimes successful on the DOF and sometimes not.

Thanks for sharing these!

Thanks for looking.

I had 42 in shoot through umbrella with an SB900 in TTL just out of camera frame (maybe 6-12 inches from his head) with refelctor on the other side and shooting 85mm 1.4 lens at around f/6 app and shutter speed 1/160 or so. It was close to dusk...there was some ambient but over all rather dark in the living room. I like using my hardwood floors for the background.

the 85mm 1.4 is legendary for it's creamy bokeh in the nikon world..dubbed teh "cream machine"

In post it was LR2 with some contrast, some sharpening and moderate vignette applied. WB set a little cooler as well
    D700, D600
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    First the photos are excellent. And what a good looking (and cooperative) child you have. Treasure every moment...

And this is a moment to treasure. You (and your wife) will be reminded of this haircutting incident every time you see this photo. And you will have a good story for him when he asks why mommy does not cut his hair anymore...rolleyes1.gif

Thanks for sharing these photos of your son.
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    they are adorable, especially number 4. I think his hair looks cute like that! of course it will grow out in no time ;)