Seeking opinions on different treatments

JacobovsJacobovs Registered Users Posts: 491 Major grins
edited September 28, 2009 in People
Took some shots and am playing around with various treatments. I can't decide on which is better.

661978247_3eM96-X2.jpg
2)661978539_4JbFN-X2.jpg

Comments

• RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2009
    Very nice candid capture. I like the first one better...this is only my viewing on my work monitor that is uncalibrated. As for treatments...lol....you may want emergency room treatment for the little boy who's getting choked out by his "loving" sister lol ... aahhhh sibling rivalry.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
  • kdspencerkdspencer Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    I also like the first treatment the best. The second one feels more grey and flat, while the first has pop and jumps off the page. What are the treatments you used?

What a great capture! It really shows the spirit of the family.

~Kathleen
    Kathleen
    www.kdspencer.com
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    1st one for me too, nice job!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    #1 as well but not by much. both are good! clap.gif

upon a 2nd look..I much profer #1 over #2. Ii look at the dad in #2, hsi face looks over textured
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    RBrogen wrote:
    Very nice candid capture. I like the first one better...this is only my viewing on my work monitor that is uncalibrated. As for treatments...lol....you may want emergency room treatment for the little boy who's getting choked out by his "loving" sister lol ... aahhhh sibling rivalry.

Nice capture indeed! But waaay over sharpened. It looks like you traced a line around them. mwink.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • JacobovsJacobovs Registered Users Posts: 491 Major grins
    bdcolen wrote:
    Nice capture indeed! But waaay over sharpened. It looks like you traced a line around them. mwink.gif

That may be due to the fog in the background. I hardly sharpened at all. Here is a completely unsharpened version. Do you see the same thing?

664093631_VkVF5-X2.jpg
  • Miguel DelinquentoMiguel Delinquento Registered Users Posts: 904 Major grins
    I like the original (the third one) much better. BD is correct: too much sharpening. I'd also tone down the vibrance (if you are using Lightroom) some and the saturation a little bit. The red is overcooked. And the white balance is off a bit too. Too cool.

M
  • damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    I like the 2nd one the best. #1 is a sharpening nightmare. I'd probably make this b/w, but then, I always end up doing that...
  • Dave CleeDave Clee Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    I definitely love the capture !! So great job there. I like the original the best. Maybe just tone down the PP and it will be fine.

Cheers

Dave
    Still searching for the light...

http://www.daveclee.com

Nikon D3 and a bunch of nikkor gear
    that has added up over the years :wink
  • JacobovsJacobovs Registered Users Posts: 491 Major grins
    Thanks everyone
    I really appreciate all of the advice. I shoot mostly sports and need all the help I can get for portraits.