A little playing with a friend's car

sixdaemonbagsixdaemonbag Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
edited September 28, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Had a car club gathering this weekend and one of my buddies asked me to shoot a couple photos of his car.

Not being the kind of individual who can leave well enough alone, I started playing with one of the shots I took. A little channel-specific desaturation to bring up the red and mute the green channels just a bit, and this is what I ended up with.

663192813_NaaYh-XL.jpg

Here's the reference shot.

663168670_fry6G-XL-1.jpg

Comments

• Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2009
    Hmmm…

let's see now…

I think the reference shot looks better (IMNSHO I think the green is nicer) ne_nau.gif

…the car is parked in a Fire Lane…

- Wil

BTW what's the thing strapped to the passenger-side of the car? It looks like a grenade-launcher eek7.gif
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • sixdaemonbagsixdaemonbag Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited September 28, 2009
    Wil Davis wrote:
    …the car is parked in a Fire Lane…

BTW what's the thing strapped to the passenger-side of the car? It looks like a grenade-launcher eek7.gif

Well, it IS a Volkswagen. Figured if it was in the fire lane the Fire Dept could have easy access when it burned up. :)

That's a Thermador brand swamp cooler. You fill the reservoir on the side with ice and water, and there's a system of wooden slats and such inside that "dip" into the water. Then forced air provides a little cooling to the interior on warm dry days. Similar to a swamp cooler on a house, and only effective if the humidity's low. Vintage VW stuff, although I've seen them on other 50's and 60's era hot rods as well.