Recent Sr. Shoot

kdspencerkdspencer Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
edited September 29, 2009 in People
I think I'm getting better! :barb Still trying to figure out how much fill flash to use when I'm outside.

These are from a recent session with two very photogenic seniors. We started at 5:30 outside and stayed out until 7:00, which was near dusk, so I was really working the flash by the end. Sorry for the copyright across the images....

Oh, and these are from the proofs that families will choose from, so they're not perfectly processed yet. But, they're better with the white balance than the last group I posted. I used a CTB gel on the flash for outdoor shots except #6, which had no flash.

660032747_6QJe4-M.jpg
660453719_ZuVDG-M.jpg

660740766_WZPPq-M.jpg

660035276_YYdBK-M.jpg

662627133_766MG-M.jpg

660022069_XR5X7-M-1.jpg

660535509_StSZR-M.jpg

8. He's the starting quarterback at his school
661642504_QVgEB-M.jpg

661651177_YQqBD-M.jpg

10. And.... one of the two of them together:
661675956_e4xwy-M.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Kathleen
www.kdspencer.com

Comments

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2009
    These are wonderful! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif I think 1 is my favorite - beeyootiful sparkly eyes in that one - and 7 isn't far behind.

I think you nailed the WB in them, the poses are super, and looks like you coaxed some really nice personality out of them both. Doesn't hurt they're both pretty good lookin' kids, but I don't think that's the whole story - ya done good! thumb.gif

How'd you manage 7 without flash and what's the story on 6?
  • Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    Nice job!

My favourite is #10 - looks very good - clean and uncluttered; I like the poses, the shape, the balance, and the way it fits together; I think you really nailed it thumb.gif

What is he holding in #9?

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    These are great!

Caroline
  • timparker_NikonD60timparker_NikonD60 Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited September 29, 2009
    Baseball Bat I believe in #9.
    Wil Davis wrote:
    Nice job!

My favourite is #10 - looks very good - clean and uncluttered; I like the poses, the shape, the balance, and the way it fits together; I think you really nailed it thumb.gif

- Wil
    http://www.timparker.com
    Nikon D60 Shooter - Portraits and Outdoors...
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    Wil Davis wrote:
    I had the same question actually. I think it's not clear enough in that shot. Maybe a slight angle to show the bat (?) more?

I think you did very well! The outdoor shots seem a bit underexposed? the second one the most. But all in all, very nice!
  • kdspencerkdspencer Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    WOW!! I booted up my computer not at all expecting to hear such good reviews of my photos! wings.gif

I see all the other photographers who post amazing photos and feel like I have forever to go before I get that good. So... you've all made my day... THANK YOU!!

Divamum, I mis-typed and have edited the original post now. #6 is the photo I didn't use flash with, but I definitely used the flash for #7. He wanted to have a few photos of him sitting in the sun (which was close to disappearing behind the horizon), so we did a few of him facing the sun, and a few, including number 6, of him with his back to the sun. 6 is actually his favorite of the group I think. He also didn't like to smile, so it was a rare moment to capture 7 with a full smile and him looking at the camera. I think he was laughing at something I said, and I snapped the picture just in time.

And yes, it's a baseball bat. Here are a couple others of the same type of pose. I actually like that it comes straight at the camera, but that's my own personal taste. Point taken that others might not be able to tell what it is.

661649919_wj2Tk-M.jpg

661653384_KqMNB-M.jpg

Ivar - I hear you about the shots looking a bit underexposed, but since we were getting close to twilight, I was afraid to over-flash her in 2 and 3, so I went with a darker background instead. I showed it to them later (worried that they wouldn't like it) and they actually preferred the dark background to a lighter color out in the forest.

And the best part about this photoshoot was.... all the outside ones were done in my backyard. So, we did the outside photos, and then went downstairs to my studio and did the inside ones, all in a short period of time with no travelling in between!

Thanks again for your comments. :ivar
    Kathleen
    www.kdspencer.com