Pumpkins

ClixphotoClixphoto Registered Users Posts: 228 Major grins
edited September 30, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Some random shots I took down the road from our farm. I'm not completely happy with the outcome of this shoot. I plan on going back in a couple of days and taking another crack at it. Any suggestions?

664351737_vv7qV-L.jpg

664347605_ViZoa-L.jpg

664346366_RU3j2-L.jpg

664344489_QFRNY-L.jpg

664348880_gedq4-L.jpg

664350531_GKwe7-L.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Wes
www.clix-photo.com

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited September 29, 2009
    Hi Wes,

I would suggest you wait for a cloudy day. It's really hard to shoot pumpkins in bright light without oversaturating or clipping. If you must shoot in sun, keep an eye on the red channel histogram (if your camera has that option) and adjust the exposure accordingly. Or bracket your exposures--the red channel will give you a ready-made mask that you can use in post to combine them. Looking forward to see what you come up with. deal.gif
  • GoofBcktGoofBckt Registered Users Posts: 481 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2009
    I love gourds and pumpkins. I love how you captured the colors here, but they're just a tad flat. A hair more contrast might make them pop a little more. :) Nice Composition.
    Clixphoto wrote:
    Some random shots I took down the road from our farm. I'm not completely happy with the outcome of this shoot. I plan on going back in a couple of days and taking another crack at it. Any suggestions?