Fun with muted colors

JacobovsJacobovs Registered Users Posts: 491 Major grins
edited September 29, 2009 in People
Just fooling around with muted colors. It's a look. Does anyone have clients that like this type of pic?

664386419_Yc4fY-X3.jpg664372728_CFspD-X2.jpg661976009_C7RiS-X2.jpg661964613_bbknX-X2.jpg

Comments

• Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2009
    Welcome to dgrins.

I think you have some great pictures here; the the expressions and the closeness of the subjects in #4 is priceless! That one stands alone (esp if it was in B&W)! Nice job!

Personally I think all the pictures here would look fabulous in B&W; not too soft but with decent contrast, and nice bright highlights.

The muted colour thingy is all very well, but when I see them I'm always reminded of a print coming off a printer which is the last throes of running out of ink…

I don't know how much PP you did (skin smoothing and selective Gaussian Blur etc.) but you have to be careful else everyone ends up looking like porcelain dolls, with little texture in the pasty, plaster-like skin etc… (see hands in #1)

I think the PP has been a bit overdone in #3 (just my opinion)

#1 (I'd have wiped the boy's nose (in PhotoShop of course! eek7.gif ))

er, that's it… thumb.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • JacobovsJacobovs Registered Users Posts: 491 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2009
    Wil Davis wrote:
    Welcome to dgrins.

I think you have some great pictures here; the the expressions and the closeness of the subjects in #4 is priceless! That one stands alone (esp if it was in B&W)! Nice job!

Personally I think all the pictures here would look fabulous in B&W; not too soft but with decent contrast, and nice bright highlights.

The muted colour thingy is all very well, but when I see them I'm always reminded of a print coming off a printer which is the last throes of running out of ink…

I don't know how much PP you did (skin smoothing and selective Gaussian Blur etc.) but you have to be careful else everyone ends up looking like porcelain dolls, with little texture in the pasty, plaster-like skin etc… (see hands in #1)

er, that's it… thumb.gif

- Wil

Thanks great feedback. I really appreciate the specific comments.
  • JacobovsJacobovs Registered Users Posts: 491 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2009
    Wil Davis wrote:
    Welcome to dgrins.

er, that's it… thumb.gif

- Wil

couldn't help my self. What do you think?

664546297_hAo3i-X3.jpg
  • Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    Lovely!

Tip: post no bigger than L (I see your pics are X3, which is fine if you have acres of real estate, but I'm having to scroll to see the whole pic)

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • toddbtoddb Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    great shots
    I'm usually a sucker for B/W, but I like #4 in color...just feels like it helps the setting with the sand popping a little more and a subtle little match of blue from the jean jacket to the shovel in the boys hand. Really nice. Could go either way just depending on how the family wants to display them.