Pro pricing question

taat2dtaat2d Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
edited September 29, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I just upgraded to the pro package. Is there a way to only offer certain print sizes for sale? I set the prices in the sizes I want, ans when I went to the Visitors View I see ALL the sizes have prices in them.

Thanx in advance
Joe

www.joelarussophoto.com

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2009
    Hi, thanks for upgrading! Set items to $0 for any item you do not want to sell.

http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-pricing
  • taat2dtaat2d Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, thanks for upgrading! Set items to $0 for any item you do not want to sell.

http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-pricing

I'm not sure if I explained myself correctly. I only want to offer 3-4 print sizes for all for sale photo's. I set pricing for 4x6, 5x7, 8x10, and wallets. If I go onto the site under visitor view I see pricing for ALL AVAILABLE sizes. Whichever prices I didn't set myself, the default price shows. Is there a way to remove the sizes I don't want to add prices for?
    Thanx
    Joe
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,339 moderator
    taat2d wrote:
    Whichever prices I didn't set myself, the default price shows. Is there a way to remove the sizes I don't want to add prices for?
    As Andy noted in his post, you must explicitly set the price to 0 (zero) on the pricing page for all items that you don't want to sell.

--- Denise
    As Andy noted in his post, you must explicitly set the price to 0 (zero) on the pricing page for all items that you don't want to sell.

--- Denise
    Thank you much! :D
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    Yeah, easy way is to set ALL PRICES for ALL PRODUCTS to $0 (using the cool tool), then adjust for only the few products you're selling.
    Andy wrote:
    Yeah, easy way is to set ALL PRICES for ALL PRODUCTS to $0 (using the cool tool), then adjust for only the few products you're selling.
    For some reason it's still not working. I set the price to 0 for the sizes I don't want to offer. When I click on a photo and the click buy I see the prices that I set. When I scroll down to other sizes the default prices are there and the photo's are available to buy at that price.

For example I set the price for the canvas' to 0. I don't want those offered. They are available to be purchased at the SmugMug default price. Am I doing something wrong?

Joe
    One time price setting?
    Is there a simple way to set pricing for all photo's on my site? Or do I have to go through each gallery individually and set the prices?

Thanx
    Joe
    taat2d wrote:
    Is there a simple way to set pricing for all photo's on my site?
    You can set pricing at a portfolio level. See http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-pricing.

--- Denise
    taat2d wrote:
    price for the canvas' to 0. I don't want those offered. They are available to be purchased at the SmugMug default price. Am I doing something wrong?
    Are you looking at the prices when you are logged out?

You will always see default prices when you are logged in since that's the price that you would pay if you purchased anything from your own site.

--- Denise
    Are you looking at the prices when you are logged out?

You will always see default prices when you are logged in since that's the price that you would pay if you purchased anything from your own site.

--- Denise
    I got it now Denise thanx.

Just one more question. I'm trying to set up the portfolio pricing so all photo's are he same price. For some reason I can't seem to get it to work. It seems I have to go into each gallery seperately to set the prices. I followed along with the Help FAQ's but it's not working for me.

Joe
    taat2d wrote:
    I'm trying to set up the portfolio pricing so all photo's are he same price. For some reason I can't seem to get it to work.
    Once you're in the pricing tool, click portfolio.
    664866148_i8hRo-M.jpg

Also - if gallery pricing overrides portfolio pricing, so if you have set prices for the gallery you are looking at, they will stay at the gallery-set prices.

--- Denise