Thoughtful by the water

jasonstonejasonstone Registered Users Posts: 735 Major grins
edited October 1, 2009 in People
Not been on dgrin for a while - kinda busy with life and stuff - but went out last night to take some shots with a group of mates while walking around Zürich.

Managed to catch on frame where the lady wasn't blurred too much - and just after i nailed this one she walked off the floating pier - so kinda lucky too :)

664774684_hMZeL-L.jpg

Cheers, Jase

Comments

• toddbtoddb Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2009
    love it
    love the color and the contrast of the water with the lines in the window. Really nice. Wish I could have been there.
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    WOW, how magnificant!!! The colors are just gorgeous. I esp love the windows. GREAT capture! The lady being there was meant to be. Postcard quality work!!!
  • brvheartbrvheart Registered Users Posts: 434 Major grins
    Postcard for sure!! Great capture, wonderful emotion.
  • jasonstonejasonstone Registered Users Posts: 735 Major grins
    Thanks for the positive feedback!
    when I glanced at the scene I just knew I had to get a photo before she left - one of those moments :)
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    Wonderful job ! mwink.gifmwink.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited September 30, 2009
    Wonderful job ! mwink.gifmwink.gif

Thanks Awais
    Much appreciated comment from all :)
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2009
    Very nice, Jason! The water and the colors are really nice. I'm not sure about her head kind of connected/attached to the black reflection though; Do you have a shot where you were standing more to your right by any chance?
    edited October 1, 2009
    ivar wrote:
    Very nice, Jason! The water and the colors are really nice. I'm not sure about her head kind of connected/attached to the black reflection though; Do you have a shot where you were standing more to your right by any chance?

Hi Ivan, thanks :) alas no - it was a case of "OH QUICK COOL PHOTO" and hauling tripod and camera and getting settings right - had 2 shots before this and they were no good as the pier moved too much and she was blurred.

This shot was the last one i could get as after that she walked off

the thing that i would love to have changed is the flags on the left of the photo hanging down from some boats wires...