Canon price increase comming in October?

Manfr3dManfr3d Registered Users Posts: 2,008 Major grins
edited October 3, 2009 in Cameras
“To consult the rules of composition before making a picture is a little like consulting the law of gravitation before going for a walk.”
― Edward Weston

Comments

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2009
    My local store said prices are due to bump up again (there was a small bump last month, too)
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    divamum wrote:
    My local store said prices are due to bump up again (there was a small bump last month, too)

This through me over the edge. I just ordered the 7D from my local store. wings.gif

Let me know Diva if you want a mint condition 50D with relatively few actuations.
  • AlbertZeroKAlbertZeroK Registered Users Posts: 217 Major grins
    Damn, why did you say that, it made me go out and buy my two 430ex II flashes (for use with my FlexTT5's).
    Canon 50D and 2x T2i's // 2x 580ex II // FlexTT5's & MiniTT1's
    EFS 17-55 f/2.8 & 10-22 // Sigma 30mm f/1.4 & 50mm f/1.4
    Sigma Bigma OS // Canon 70-200 IS f/2.8
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    The problem with this rumor is that it all started with a 'this rep told me' post on dpreview. That got picked up by a couple of other forums, then canon rumors and, after a few more connections, ends up as having real credibility. I wouldn't put too much weight into this...then again, i don't have any looming Canon purchases that would push me to jump now instead of waiting a few weeks.
    E
  • AlbertZeroKAlbertZeroK Registered Users Posts: 217 Major grins
    eoren1 wrote:
    The problem with this rumor is that it all started with a 'this rep told me' post on dpreview. That got picked up by a couple of other forums, then canon rumors and, after a few more connections, ends up as having real credibility. I wouldn't put too much weight into this...then again, i don't have any looming Canon purchases that would push me to jump now instead of waiting a few weeks.
    E

Well don't let it fool you, I know what a rumor is, but I've had my eye on those flashes ever since I started playing with the FlexTT5 - And all I needed was an excuse!

It makes you wonder though, how many real price canon increases are done AFTER a rumor surfaces.
    Canon 50D and 2x T2i's // 2x 580ex II // FlexTT5's & MiniTT1's
    EFS 17-55 f/2.8 & 10-22 // Sigma 30mm f/1.4 & 50mm f/1.4
    Sigma Bigma OS // Canon 70-200 IS f/2.8
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    dlplumer wrote:
    This through me over the edge. I just ordered the 7D from my local store. wings.gif

Let me know Diva if you want a mint condition 50D with relatively few actuations.

Ha .... you succumbed....!

I still don't know what I'm going to do, but if I ever figure it out and it includes a 50D I'll let you know thumb.gif
    divamum wrote:
    Ha .... you succumbed....!

I still don't know what I'm going to do, but if I ever figure it out and it includes a 50D I'll let you know thumb.gif

I just compared the images of the 5DII to the 7D and there is no comparison Diva. The 5DII at iso 400 is better than the 7D at iso 100. Consequently, I am going to purchase the 5DII. I'm nuts.

I will keep my 50D as my second body. I do have an XSi however rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2009
    All the prices on the canon website look the same as they did last week, and the time of the alleged increase has come and gone. rumors!
    there seem to be a lot of 'mint condition hardly used' 50Ds out there- are people not satisfied with this camera?
    edited October 2, 2009
    chrismoore wrote:
    All the prices on the canon website look the same as they did last week, and the time of the alleged increase has come and gone. rumors!
    there seem to be a lot of 'mint condition hardly used' 50Ds out there- are people not satisfied with this camera?

I love my 50D. I'm guessing that a lot of folks want the 7D.
  • Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2009
    chrismoore wrote:

You...are just plain wrong!

The prices have increased an average of 10%.
    edited October 2, 2009
    Ric Grupe wrote:
    You...are just plain wrong!

Geez, didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. Some have changed, some haven't.

135mm f/2L, 24mm f/1.4, 50mm f/1.2 are the same price on the canon website. I know cuz I just bought them.
    edited October 2, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    I love my 50D. I'm guessing that a lot of folks want the 7D.

I think you're right. canon made some big announcements in a relatively short span...50D...5DII...7D...

So much great stuff!
  • Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2009
    chrismoore wrote:
    Geez, didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. Some have changed, some haven't.

rolleyes1.gifMy feathers are all in place.

Your statement was incorrect...that's all.:D