Options

Not Receiving Emails

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited October 2, 2009 in Dgrin Forum Support
I'm not receiving all emails when someone posts on a thread. Wondering if others are having that problem too.

A few have made it to my mailbox, but most haven't :scratch

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited September 30, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    I'm not receiving all emails when someone posts on a thread. Wondering if others are having that problem too.

A few have made it to my mailbox, but most haven't headscratch.gif

I'm getting mine. Are you having trouble receiving email from other senders or is it just Dgrin?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    Details.

Have you checked your thread subscriptions in your DGrin Control Panel?

Checked your spam folder?

Who your ISP?
  • Options
    Richard wrote:
    I'm getting mine. Are you having trouble receiving email from other senders or is it just Dgrin?

Just dgrin I think headscratch.gif

I get some from threads I've responded to, but my photo I posted of the square window.....I've had to check that thread in dgrin to see responses. I've received no email notifications on that one.

Happened to with my posting of Ardmore, SD too.

Maybe my mailbox is protecting me from whatever someone might say rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    Andy wrote:
    Details.

Have you checked your thread subscriptions in your DGrin Control Panel?

Checked your spam folder?

Who your ISP?

Checked my control panel and all is ok there.

Checked my spam folder and that is ok too.

Aol, but email is through gmail.
  • Options
    Just checked my email and your responses for this thread isn't in my "in box", but one just showed up for my square window :D
  • Options
    Dogdots wrote:
    Just checked my email and your responses for this thread isn't in my "in box", but one just showed up for my square window :D

Hmmm...I just noticed that I didn't receive a notification for something posted an hour ago. I should have. I wonder if gmail is having problems. headscratch.gif
  • Options
    Richard wrote:
    Hmmm...I just noticed that I didn't receive a notification for something posted an hour ago. I should have. I wonder if gmail is having problems. headscratch.gif

I just checked this thread and saw you responded. Didn't receive the email tho headscratch.gif

Did get a few emails during the day for some thread postings. This has me baffled now.
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2009
    vbulletin, the software behind dgrin, can send out email subscriptions in a batch basis for larger forums such as this. The thread notification may not be as instant because of this.

But I've also had some issues with getting dgrin notifications in the past. I had problems when I moved hosting accounts. Sometimes its just overzealous firewalls, at least that's my take on it. It make take a while for them to relax.
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2009
    SamirD wrote:
    vbulletin, the software behind dgrin, can send out email subscriptions in a batch basis for larger forums such as this. The thread notification may not be as instant because of this.

But I've also had some issues with getting dgrin notifications in the past. I had problems when I moved hosting accounts. Sometimes its just overzealous firewalls, at least that's my take on it. It make take a while for them to relax.

Yeah, but something wasn't behaving normally yesterday. I got some notifications, but not others. We'll see how it behaves today.
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2009
    Seymore wrote:
    Ditto... not getting PM email notification here. 3 of them didn't come thru over the last 24 hrs or so...

Checked everything in the ctrl panl and on my end. Looks like it may be a DGRIN server issue.(?) My ISP is Comcast and I use GMAIL with OE as my email client.

I got notifications for everything I should have overnight. We'll see what today brings. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    I got notifications for everything I should have overnight. We'll see what today brings. ne_nau.gif

Update: It's still borked. I get some but not others.
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2009
    Seymore wrote:
    Richard... might go thru and reset some of the more recent notifications? I know it's a bit of work, but this might resolve the hit-n-miss you're experiencing?
    :nah Too lazy. I don't like the fact that it's broken but it's not that important to me. I can keep track with my subscribed threads, which seem to be correct.