Options

Advice on upcoming Harvest BBQ wedding . . . PLEASE?!

GoofBcktGoofBckt Registered Users Posts: 481 Major grins
edited September 30, 2009 in Weddings
Ok, I just got hired to shoot an outdoor (at a park) "Harvest" theme, BBQ wedding. Are you ready for this? The bride is wearing a denim dress, which is not so odd, but the men will all be wearing farm-boy overalls. LOL (I'm sorry, but this just cracks me up) I'm trying to imagine how to shoot this wedding. Obviously, I should just go with it and make it fun, but honestly, how can I incorporate romantic shots into this? Or should I even try? LOL I've read other threads about making the shoot a documented "story" of their special day. I'm not really stressing about this because I have confidence in my abilities, but any suggestions would be simply grand!! :huh

By the way, this is my first wedding. Bwoahahaha! I'm actually looking forward to this. It should be very interesting and not at all typical.

Comments

• Options
    jdorseydesignjdorseydesign Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2009
    GoofBckt wrote:
    Ok, I just got hired to shoot an outdoor (at a park) "Harvest" theme, BBQ wedding. Are you ready for this? The bride is wearing a denim dress, which is not so odd, but the men will all be wearing farm-boy overalls. Laughing.gif (I'm sorry, but this just cracks me up) I'm trying to imagine how to shoot this wedding. Obviously, I should just go with it and make it fun, but honestly, how can I incorporate romantic shots into this? Or should I even try? Laughing.gif I've read other threads about making the shoot a documented "story" of their special day. I'm not really stressing about this because I have confidence in my abilities, but any suggestions would be simply grand!! eek7.gif

By the way, this is my first wedding. Bwoahahaha! I'm actually looking forward to this. It should be very interesting and not at all typical.

Believe it or not, even 'dressed down', it's really the emotions on people's faces that sells the romance. I just shot my first wedding as well, and it was a similar venue. You might check out the shots I posted here: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=145390
    J Dorsey Design Photography • jdorseydesign.com • Facebook Fan/Friend • Twitter @bartdorsey
  • Options
    GoofBcktGoofBckt Registered Users Posts: 481 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2009
    WOW!! Those are fantastic!! Thank you so much for sharing and you were definitely right about the emotions in faces. The two I'm shooting are marry for the 2nd time as well . . . to each other. :)
    Believe it or not, even 'dressed down', it's really the emotions on people's faces that sells the romance. I just shot my first wedding as well, and it was a similar venue. You might check out the shots I posted here: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=145390