First Macro--If you count a lensbaby.

lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
edited October 1, 2009 in Holy Macro
Well I lurk here a whole lot, but this is my first post in the Macro forum.
Before I post more photos here in the future, I just want to know if this counts. I used the same shot for a Dgrin challenge last week, in case it looks familiar to anyone.

Lensbaby Muse w/ Macro lens attachment.

654368825_bGZc8-XL.jpg

I already know that next time I will have to insert a larger aperture disk to get less blurr outside the sweet spot.

I can hear all the pro macro guys laughing, "lensbaby macro with aperture disks!"...
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• CyberSteakCyberSteak Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2009
    not a macro pro (heck...I'm barely an amature) but I would consider this macro. And from someone who has tried taking a close up pic of someone's eye, I'm impressed at the result. Who's eye btw?
    http://www.betterphoto.com/Premium/Default.aspx?id=329340&mp=V1

Canon 40D, 28-135mm, 50mm f/1.8, 10-22mm, 70-300, 580 EXII, ST-E2, 500D Diopter
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2009
    Certainly counts as a macro - good one
    Brian v.
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2009
    CyberSteak wrote:
    not a macro pro (heck...I'm barely an amature) but I would consider this macro. And from someone who has tried taking a close up pic of someone's eye, I'm impressed at the result. Who's eye btw?

That would be my sister's eye. She is my go to model whenever I need practice shooting. It took a few shots to get this one, but she was very patient (til I got too close and poked her with my lens)--I can't tell you how much I enjoy the macro portion of my lensbaby btw. So much fun.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited October 1, 2009
    Certainly counts as a macro - good one
    Brian v.

Thank you Brian.
    I will continue to experiment with my lensbaby then.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • PeterD-2009PeterD-2009 Registered Users Posts: 618 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2009
    I do not think anyone would argue that this is not macro. Well done. May I suggest playing with the curves in pp to try and reduce the effect of the camera flash. I take it this was shot with the flash on the camera itself. None the less, I love the shot.
    edited October 1, 2009
    Hi Peter,
    Actually I wanted to capture the pupil in mid dilation, so what I did was have her lay on her back in a spot of sun and then open her eyes--I shot the eye as it dilated (was used for a contest to show movement)--the flash you see is actually the sun, which probably burned a hole in her retina as much as I had her repeat this for "the" shot. :)

I am very new at PP--trying to learn gimp, so I've yet to play with curves--but I will. Thank you for that tip and I'm glad you like my first Macro post.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited October 1, 2009
    agree good macro shot.

i have to say eyeball shots creep me out wings.gif
    phil