3969849419_83b1e46981_o.jpg

3969849887_3642aec976_o.jpg

3970622684_511acdae5c_o.jpg
Ryan McGill

My Gear

Comments

• FatFrogFotographyFatFrogFotography Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited September 30, 2009
    What a lovely set of images. I'm sure the expecting parents are very happy with them, and so they should be.

One thing that I will say is that you may like to look at the side lighting in future in terms of shadows from shoulders being cast across necks and more importantly jaws/faces. It seems to show more on the father to be in this set. I believe there are several options to avoid this:
    1. Set the lights higher and aim them at a downward angle. This way and shadows cast will not end up on the face.
    2. Focus/snoot the light to limit where the light hits and hence what creates shadows.
    3. Adjust power levels so that rim lights are noticably lower than the key light(s).

Just a few small suggestions, but overall this is a really beautiful set. All the best.
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2009
    Nice, simple shots. #4 works the best for me.

It wouldn't hurt to get a little more creative with the posing... I've only done one maternity shoot, but I went crazy researching poses/ideas before hand, and this is what I came up with...
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • RhinotheruntRhinotherunt Registered Users Posts: 363 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2009
    What a lovely set of images. I'm sure the expecting parents are very happy with them, and so they should be.

One thing that I will say is that you may like to look at the side lighting in future in terms of shadows from shoulders being cast across necks and more importantly jaws/faces. It seems to show more on the father to be in this set. I believe there are several options to avoid this:
    1. Set the lights higher and aim them at a downward angle. This way and shadows cast will not end up on the face.
    2. Focus/snoot the light to limit where the light hits and hence what creates shadows.
    3. Adjust power levels so that rim lights are noticably lower than the key light(s).

Just a few small suggestions, but overall this is a really beautiful set. All the best.
    I had the kicker way too close. I did have the power way down, but it did not look bad when I chimped. This was just one location in a series of images I took. Lighting was much better on others. ;)

Thanks for the CC!
    Ryan McGill

My Gear
    edited October 7, 2009
    Kinkajou wrote:
    Nice, simple shots. #4 works the best for me.

It wouldn't hurt to get a little more creative with the posing... I've only done one maternity shoot, but I went crazy researching poses/ideas before hand, and this is what I came up with...
    This was her second trimester. We also did several different poses. This is just one set of the images. Thanks for the cc.
    Ryan McGill

My Gear
    edited October 7, 2009
    Good stuff. Sounds like you've got this OCF stuff well on the way. I'd love to see more of the other shots from the shoot.
    edited October 7, 2009
    Good stuff. Sounds like you've got this OCF stuff well on the way. I'd love to see more of the other shots from the shoot.
    Thanks, I am sure there is more I could learn. I was trying to do these with out using a lightmeter the entire time...
    Ryan McGill

My Gear
    edited October 7, 2009
    Thanks, I am sure there is more I could learn. I was trying to do these with out using a lightmeter the entire time...

We can all learn more...no doubt. Moving away from using the lightmeter will no doubt make for more relaxed clients and allow you to interact more naturally with them IMO. All the best.