Options

online sales resource for photographers

2»

Comments

• Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2009
    SamirD wrote:
    I just looked at your EM site and it's actually not bad at all. I was really impressed by the fact that I was able to look at the entire gallery faster than I usually get two pages of the smugmug style gallery to come up. Oh yeah, and the Lambo was hot!
    Thanks! Now if only my client didn't have so many issues with SM being down lately he would have been able to actually order photos of his car through me. :(
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2009
    mercphoto wrote:
    Thanks! Now if only my client didn't have so many issues with SM being down lately he would have been able to actually order photos of his car through me. :(
    The one serious advantage of SM is Bay Photo. Images that excellent turn out spectacular. I'm able to shoot with 5 year old equipment and still have magazine quality prints.
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2009
    SamirD wrote:
    The one serious advantage of SM is Bay Photo. Images that excellent turn out spectacular. I'm able to shoot with 5 year old equipment and still have magazine quality prints.
    That may be, but SM's recent issues and my client's problems getting to his photos has made me look pretty bad to a client I was trying very hard to impress. That, and features that SM is slow to roll out made me switch. :(
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2009
    mercphoto wrote:
    That may be, but SM's recent issues and my client's problems getting to his photos has made me look pretty bad to a client I was trying very hard to impress. That, and features that SM is slow to roll out made me switch. :(
    Oh, I totally agree. The new uploader made me seriously consider switching to EM. FTP uploading would save me hours of time when uploads don't work right. I must have spent about 4 hours yesterday dealing with "which file is missing and which is dupe" issues.
  • Options
    timk519timk519 Registered Users Posts: 831 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2009
    SamirD wrote:
    Oh, I totally agree. The new uploader made me seriously consider switching to EM. FTP uploading would save me hours of time when uploads don't work right. I must have spent about 4 hours yesterday dealing with "which file is missing and which is dupe" issues.
    If you use Lightroom, there's a plugin that makes that a non-issue.
    • Save $5 off your first year's SmugMug image hosting with coupon code hccesQbqNBJbc
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2009
    timk519 wrote:
    If you use Lightroom, there's a plugin that makes that a non-issue.
    I don't do any post as I've got so much volume that I'd miss my 48hr publishing deadline. Bay Photo does a good job cleaning up my images. clap.gif

The new uploader's tools are actually pretty good at duplicate detection, but when it messes up, it's a mess. :cry And then when I tried to fix it, I moved images to the wrong gallery, so that made it worse. I was close to deleting the gallery and starting the 5 hour upload again, but I didn't. In the end I was able to figure out what happened, but if it would have been ftp, fixing it would have just been file manipulation and much easier.