If not now, when?

Comments

• Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2009
    rutt wrote:
    [

]

Well, overlooking the terrifying nature of the first image, let me suggest you post some more from this series...mwink.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2009
    bdcolen wrote:
    Well, overlooking the terrifying nature of the first image, let me suggest you post some more from this series...mwink.gif

You do have to love the 'bystander' sign/definition right above the guy sitting in the background, though....
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2009
    bdcolen wrote:
    Are you saying 'old age is terrifying'? I think she is beautiful. WOuld have loved to seen her in her younger years! :D

She seems, to me, very open and inviting. Or is it the 'saturation' of colors, again? eek7.gif

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2009
    #1 is awesome. The texture of her skin is so pronounced, and the posters are almost like windows with more faces. The colors are diverse; the distracted opposing men really make the image for me.
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2009
    DonRicklin wrote:
    Are you saying 'old age is terrifying'? I think she is beautiful. WOuld have loved to seen her in her younger years! :D

She seems, to me, very open and inviting. Or is it the 'saturation' of colors, again? eek7.gif

Don

Saturation, blue freaking nails, bad dye job....all of which is made so striking by the saturation...Nice smile, and yes, she does have a nice face...Nothing wrong with getting old.....rolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com

• Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2009
    bdcolen wrote:
    Saturation, blue freaking nails, bad dye job....all of which is made so striking by the saturation...Nice smile, and yes, she does have a nice face...Nothing wrong with getting old.....rolleyes1.gif
    I am glad you took that the light hearted way I meant it! thumb.gif

And, yes, for this situation, the saturation is over the top. Might be much better, understated, muted, even.

(No clowns here, mwink.gif )

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2009
    OK, I guess I was mean to her. BD taught me to be honest, but he didn't necessarily teach me not to be mean. She didn't deserve it, but I was ornery. I'll rethink it.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2009
    rutt wrote:
    OK, I guess I was mean to her. BD taught me to be honest, but he didn't necessarily teach me not to be mean. She didn't deserve it, but I was ornery. I'll rethink it.

B. D. is nothing if not mean. rolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com

• Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2009
    bdcolen wrote:
    B. D. is nothing if not mean. rolleyes1.gif

Nah, you're not mean. A little gruff sometimes, maybe. But not mean.:toni rolleyes1.gif

Rutt, I wonder how she'd look if you gave her the same B&W treatment as the others. I'm also curious about your role at this meeting. Are you a practicing PJist?
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2009
    michswiss wrote:
    Nah, you're not mean. A little gruff sometimes, maybe. But not mean.:toni rolleyes1.gif

Rutt, I wonder how she'd look if you gave her the same B&W treatment as the others. I'm also curious about your role at this meeting. Are you a practicing PJist?

Actually this was two separate civics events. The first is at the polling place for a preliminary mayoral election. The B&Ws are from a meeting or the Parks and Rec Committee at town hall. Off leash dog runs are an extremely emotional topic around here just now, and that's what was on the agenda.

And no, thanks for the compliment, but I'm not a professional PJ.
    If not now, when?