Options

IE 8 Compatibility

ssimmonsphotossimmonsphoto Registered Users Posts: 424 Major grins
edited October 2, 2009 in SmugMug Support
I finally got IE 8 installed on my PC AND I'm actually using it. But I've noticed a big *whoops!* when trying to view galleries on my SmugMug site with it or when viewing the comments section, such as those for my guestbook. I see nothing. No photos. At all. YIKES! In the bottom left hand corner of my broswer, it told me that there was an error on the pages, so I clicked on it and got the following error message that made it sound to me like it was a SM issue itself and not because of my customization.
Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Timestamp: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 01:24:13 UTC

Line: 92
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://www.suzannesimmonsphotography.com/Weddings/Lindsey-Jay/9416755_ZRzVN

Any tips?
Website (hosted by Zenfolio after 6.5 years with SmugMug) | Blog (hosted by Zenfolio) | Tave User

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2009
    That gallery loads just fine for me in IE8.

I do see an error in your page, but I doubt it is what is causing the problem. In any case you might as well fix it. In your site-wide-customization page, go to the field for the tag and remove this:

onload="doOnLoad();"

You don't have that function defined anywhere in your javascript so it causes an error when the browser tries to execute it.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    ssimmonsphotossimmonsphoto Registered Users Posts: 424 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2009
    Now it works just fine. Weird!

At any rate, I removed the piece of code. I forget why I had it there, but it's gone now. Thanks for your help!
    Website (hosted by Zenfolio after 6.5 years with SmugMug) | Blog (hosted by Zenfolio) | Tave User