Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2009
    Bet the music sounded beautiful thumb.gif
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Bet the music sounded beautiful thumb.gif

Yeah, they were excellent. A group of local professionals got together to play for this event, which was a fundraiser to keep the music program funded in the local elementary schools. So I made it a point to hear them play. Fortunately for me, it coincided with my recent acquisition of my 135L and I just had to try it at f/2.0 ear.gif :photo

Thanks!
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2009
    Great shot!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2009
    Please stop posting great images like this, shot with that lens.

I'm trying very hard to keep from buying this lens, and nice images like this don't help my cause rolleyes1.gif

Oh, about the image: IMHO, if you'd crop the top a little to get rid of the tent frame, it would be a better comp.
    Randy
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2009
    I love the sound of a muted trumpet, especially when it’s in classic ‘30s to ‘40s jazz and big band.

Very well done, but I agree with Randy about the tent frame. Great image, Rainbow! thumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
    edited October 4, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    Great shot!

Thank you!
    edited October 4, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    Please stop posting great images like this, shot with that lens.

I'm trying very hard to keep from buying this lens, and nice images like this don't help my cause rolleyes1.gif

Oh, about the image: IMHO, if you'd crop the top a little to get rid of the tent frame, it would be a better comp.

So if a tree falls in a forest with no one to hear it, does it make a sound? Likewise, if you don't see images with the 135L, does that mean you don't hear one calling your name anymore? ne_nau.gif(buy me... buy me... you know you want to... you'll never regret it... buy me...)

Thanks for the comments. I do agree about the crop...
    edited October 4, 2009
    eL eSs Vee wrote:
    I love the sound of a muted trumpet, especially when it’s in classic ‘30s to ‘40s jazz and big band.

Very well done, but I agree with Randy about the tent frame. Great image, Rainbow! thumb.gif

I agree that a crop would improve it. When I first started digital, I cropped a lot and disliked doing it (probably too easy and not really fun). So I decided to try to compose in camera for my shots (which is probably why I like the long ends of my zooms more) and forget to look at images critically for cropping and other PP before I post (which is a recent activity with me).

Thanks for looking and for the comments.