fun soccer portraits

MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
edited October 2, 2009 in People
These were taken with an AB800 and two SB800's. My first try at a Dave Hill type of processing.

Any thoughts?

667709712_HyF4z-XL.jpg

667709602_nFaH8-XL.jpg

Comments

• JacobovsJacobovs Registered Users Posts: 491 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2009
    Cc
    Your first shot is spectacular. I love it !! The exposure , expression and pose are outstanding. clap.gif I have to admit though , I hate the fence as a background. The second one is good but I find the face is a bit too shiny for my taste. Having said that the rest of the it looks great.
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2009
    Jacobovs wrote:
    Your first shot is spectacular. I love it !! The exposure , expression and pose are outstanding. clap.gif I have to admit though , I hate the fence as a background. The second one is good but I find the face is a bit too shiny for my taste. Having said that the rest of the it looks great.

Thanks for your comments.

I thought the fence would add a bit a grit to the shots. I realize nobody likes a fence as a background, but I was hoping to use it as a bit of a prop.

I'm not too happy with the lighting on the second shot. The ratios are a bit too even leaving the lighting a bit flat. I often have trouble when I mix my speedlights with my Alien Bees. I try to use the speedlights just for accent lighting, but I think my daughter is so short that she got too much light.ne_nau.gif
  • angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2009
    I think this is a good idea not fully explored. Considering your intent (DH), why not take your ladder ( or lay down?) and work with differing depths and angles of the goal posts, Fencing, etc. and then just use one/two Sb's to give the punch for the Models?

Nice idea!
    tom wise