Face painting

BeamCatcherBeamCatcher Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
edited October 4, 2009 in People
Hi folks!

A friend of my neighbor had a combined Christening and Birthday party.

This is my neighbors little girl a few seconds after being face painted.

What do you think?

Cheers! Ivar aka. Beam :D

667902938_mQx7U-X3.jpg
Canon 7D
Canon 16-35mm f2.8 II
Canon EF 50mm f/1.2 L USM
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM
Canon Speedlite 550EX

http://www.beamcatcher.com/layout/Pictures.html

Comments

• jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2009
    great shot, great colors.

Just curious why you went with the 16-35/2.8 when you could have the 17-55/2.8IS for a lot less? Going FF soon?
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2009
    REALLY nice picture. The colors are SO amazing..that with the sparkly, colorful makeup makes for a PRECIOUS shot! Love it!
  • BeamCatcherBeamCatcher Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited October 4, 2009
    Hiya!
    Thanks folks! :D

jmphotocraft: 16-35/2.8 or 17-55/2.8IS

Well... I am a sucker for the glass in the L lenses!

I've tried a lot of different lenses, but somehow always come back to them. *lol*

I know you can change as you heart desire all the color, saturation etc. but personally I do find it giving that little bit extra. -Even the build quality feels rugged and good. Not really planning any full frame. Just a hobby... and to be honest having a lens like the 50mm f/1.2 L USM gives me 80mm at f/1.2 which I find an amazing lens for portrait. If I was to go full frame I would have to spit in more cash for the camera, another grand in between for a similar aperture on the 85mm, and let's face it... even bigger and more demanding raw files! eek7.gif

I am not happy with the noise level on my camera, but in terms of resolution I am totally fine....

I just hope the manufacturers stop the megapixel race, and start focusing on the quality.

Cheers! Ivar :D

PS Here's one at f/1.2

514462400_bcU2H-X3.jpg
    Canon 7D
    Canon 16-35mm f2.8 II
    Canon Speedlite 550EX

edited October 4, 2009
    Hey if you're happy with it that's great, but are you aware the 17-55 does have L glass? Only the build quality is the difference. There is something to be said for that, but as far as IQ goes the 17-55 is an L. I now have a 5DII and 24-70L, and my old 17-55 was just as good on my 40D. I would think that 35mm would be way to short too often for use as a walk-around. YMMV of course!
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • BeamCatcherBeamCatcher Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited October 4, 2009
    Hola Sire!
    Wasn't aware actually. :D and yes... even the red line and L doesn't always spell top level.... (I had my 70-200) in twice with Canon to have it calibrated. At one stage it even looked like it was the body with a problem. Oh well. As a walk around.. sure it's not much... but I guess that's only raising the bar for what I need to deliver. *lol* I walked around with a M6 and 35mm summicron for a couple of years. Great fun! -Even if you miss some situations. :D

Tempting to upgrade to 7D?

PS! What does YMMV stand for.....?
    Canon 7D
    Canon 16-35mm f2.8 II
    Canon Speedlite 550EX

• bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2009
    Hi folks!

A friend of my neighbor had a combined Christening and Birthday party.

This is my neighbors little girl a few seconds after being face painted.

What do you think?

Cheers! Ivar aka. Beam :D

Very nice. My first thought was that I wish she was smiling. But the more I look at this image, the more I'm thinking - glad she isn't smiling. clap.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Albert DicksonAlbert Dickson Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2009
    Splendid photograph. All window light?
    edited October 4, 2009
    Wasn't aware actually. :D and yes... even the red line and L doesn't always spell top level.... (I had my 70-200) in twice with Canon to have it calibrated. At one stage it even looked like it was the body with a problem. Oh well. As a walk around.. sure it's not much... but I guess that's only raising the bar for what I need to deliver. *lol* I walked around with a M6 and 35mm summicron for a couple of years. Great fun! -Even if you miss some situations. :D

Tempting to upgrade to 7D?

PS! What does YMMV stand for.....?

I only point this out because you could probably sell that 16-35, buy a 17-55, pocket several hundred, and come away with 20 more mm and IS!

7D is very tempting. If the AF reviews well I may upgrade my 1D2N for it.

M6... nice!! Someday.

YMMV = your mileage may vary.
    -Jack