Options

Powell Street

baldmountainbaldmountain Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
edited October 4, 2009 in Street and Documentary
It's been a while since I've posted anything on dgrin and I'd like to get back into it.

This one is from a trip to San Francisco for Apple's WWDC. Yes, that is Powell Street.

668217456_rUY2n-L.jpg
geoff

Comments

• Options
    Mr. QuietMr. Quiet Registered Users Posts: 1,047 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2009
    You need more light and pop to the picture as a whole. I say "a whole" mainly because I have no idea what your subject is....What is your subject?headscratch.gif
    If you work at something hard enough, you WILL achieve your goal. "Me"

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D
    Tamron SP AF90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1

Welcome to my NEW website!

Mr. Christoferson
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2009
    It's been a while since I've posted anything on dgrin and I'd like to get back into it.

This one is from a trip to San Francisco for Apple's WWDC. Yes, that is Powell Street.

I'm really going to take you at your word - This is a tourist snap shot - and a not very interesting one at that. Sorry. (You asked for it!rolleyes1.gif )
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    baldmountainbaldmountain Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2009
    Mr. Quiet wrote:
    You need more light and pop to the picture as a whole. I say "a whole" mainly because I have no idea what your subject is....What is your subject?headscratch.gif

There is a famous picture by Garry Winogrand called taxicab. When you first look at it you just see a kind of awkward picture of a couple getting out of a taxicab. You ask yourself what is this picture of? But if you look closer you see that the picture is of the pretty girl in the background walking toward you and looking straight into the camera.

For me this picture has the same effect. You see a crowd waiting to get on the Powell St Street Car. But then you see the man in the black sunglasses staring you straight in the eye...
    geoff
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2009
    I don't think the bldg distortion helps. There is a radius at the turntable (I know the spot) and I think the image needs straightening.
    Rags