How do ya fight the sun spots?

3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
edited July 6, 2005 in People
We were in a park and the shoot was nice, however, not being a "pro" in photoshop I'm not quite sure how to treat the sun-spots on her arm. Any Ideas? :scratch

27283884-L.jpg

Thanks
kc7dji (Scott)

Comments

• colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2005
    Skipping the obvious (which is to shoot it again), if you shot the photo in Raw you could open the Raw file in Adobe Camera Raw and lower the Exposure value below 0. This will cause the highlight recovery feature to kick in, and you might actually recover some detail in there if there is any at all to be had from the raw sensor data. If lowering Exposure darkens the image too much, increase Brightness to compensate. This is because, in Camera Raw, Exposure is about highlight clipping and Brightness is about placing the midtone.*

If it was shot JPEG, check all of the color channels. If you don't see any detail in all channels, that is, if it's all white there in all channels, it's gone and there is no detail to recover. You could then try cloning from other parts of the arm, but that's tricky and tedious.

*Everything in that paragraph I'm basically paraphrasing from what I learned in the book "Real World Adobe Camera Raw CS2."