Options

Games for a Cure galleries

David EvertsenDavid Evertsen Registered Users Posts: 524 Major grins
edited October 8, 2009 in Sports
With Ocotober being Breast Cancer Awareness Month the NFL and many other sports are trying to do something special to bring more awarenss for a cure and prevention. I was lucky enough to shoot a Game for a cure at my local HS. The Girls Volleyball team had a Game for a Cure with special Pink Jerseys for the game to raise money for the cause. I will post a link to my gallery and would hope others would post a link to their Galleries or pictures of what is going on sports wise for this month to raise awareness in their area..

Here is the gallery link followed by a few of my favorite shots.
http://www.phabulousphotos.com/Boone-High-School-2009-2010/Girls-Varsity-Volleyball/BooneVB-Game-for-the-Cure/9833303_xm8TN#668453941_gd2pJ

668464021_ySQWD-L-1.jpg

668470191_TKd3S-L-1.jpg

668463481_CuqHA-L-1.jpg

I really like the last picture, I almost always miss the ball with her to get this shot. She winds up something fierce to strike it. The gym is really Orange and has a few really of temperature spots on the floor so it is always a challenge.

It was great game for a great cause, anyone else shooting any events like this during the month??

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,914 moderator
    edited October 4, 2009
    Be best to post one or two teaser shots to draw folks to your gallery.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited October 5, 2009
    ian408 wrote:
    Be best to post one or two teaser shots to draw folks to your gallery.

Thanks Ian, I should know better after this all this time. C&C Welcome as always..
  • Options
    shphotosshphotos Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited October 6, 2009
    Dig for the Cure
    Dig for the Cure - HS volleyball (JV)
    The girls only wore their pink shirts for warm-ups, but here are a few I liked. I would love to get the setter's face, but she always seems to play on the side of the court with her back to me.

672232864_sGQ4r-L.jpg672233828_c2WAL-L.jpg672233382_5vS9t-L.jpg

Canon 40D, 85mm 1.8 lens
  • Options
    JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2009
    Hi Dave. I'm glad you made the game. I wanted to be there but I had other priorities. I am in Lafayette Louisiana with my daughter who just had breast cancer surgery last Friday. I agree with you on the gym lighting but at least the girls didn't have on orange to go with the orange walls!!. By the way, who won? I will be back at the middle of the month and will see ya at the football game.
  • Options
    edited October 8, 2009
    JESTER wrote:
    Hi Dave. I'm glad you made the game. I wanted to be there but I had other priorities. I am in Lafayette Louisiana with my daughter who just had breast cancer surgery last Friday. I agree with you on the gym lighting but at least the girls didn't have on orange to go with the orange walls!!. By the way, who won? I will be back at the middle of the month and will see ya at the football game.

Hope everything goes well for you daughter, I was really excited to figure out how to shoot Freshman Football, Varsity Girls VB for 1 1/2 games and then second half of JV Football in the same night. DP won in 3 and was out of there.. Boone is struggling. Shot Boone @ DP Freshman/JV Football tonight, got run by the DP AD for being on his sideline because I didn't want to shoot into the sun from Boone's.. Back to the Boone side.. He ran the Dean Stewart Yearbook Photog too.. I guess District Varsity game at Boone this week had nothing to do with it.. See you on the sidelines soon my friend..
  • Options
    edited October 8, 2009
    shphotos wrote:
    Dig for the Cure - HS volleyball (JV)
    The girls only wore their pink shirts for warm-ups, but here are a few I liked. I would love to get the setter's face, but she always seems to play on the side of the court with her back to me.

Those are really nice, did you shoot that tight or was it cropped!!??? Never was good with punctuation Laughing.gif...
  • Options
    shphotosshphotos Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited October 8, 2009
    Those are really nice, did you shoot that tight or was it cropped!!??? Never was good with punctuation Laughing.gif...

Thank you very much. I shoot pretty tight, but I also crop.