Options

A Pair Of Best Friends Hard At Work

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
edited October 6, 2009 in Street and Documentary
385850931_Vu8aL-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,928 moderator
    edited October 4, 2009
    I bet the dog earns more money. rolleyes1.gif Nice catch, Tom.
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2009

VERY funny image - it would be even better if you crop in on the dog and its man.clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    edited October 5, 2009
    B.D.,

I took your advice and cropped the above image.....and I do believe it's better for it.

671614149_WjSSb-XL.jpg

Before someone jumps up and says that there is a blue cast to the image, you need to know that these sidewalks ARE blue and fairly reflective. In our neck of the woods, a common material for sidewalks, and even some roads, is called coquina. It is made up of small sea shell fragments mixed with a concrete-type substance. It's very durable and can easily be colorized. For some reason, the powers that be in St. Augustine elected to have a whole mess of blue-tinted sidewalks all over the place.

As I said, I think the picture benefited from your suggestion.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2009
    B.D.,

I took your advice and cropped the above image.....and I do believe it's better for it.

671614149_WjSSb-XL.jpg

Before someone jumps up and says that there is a blue cast to the image, you need to know that these sidewalks ARE blue and fairly reflective. In our neck of the woods, a common material for sidewalks, and even some roads, is called coquina. It is made up of small sea shell fragments mixed with a concrete-type substance. It's very durable and can easily be colorized. For some reason, the powers that be in St. Augustine elected to have a whole mess of blue-tinted sidewalks all over the place.

As I said, I think the picture benefited from your suggestion.

Tom

Very funny - And damn, that color is odd. Now, the challenge for Rutt is to see if he can find a way to get this closer to reality, keep the blue tint in the sidewalk, but returning the dog to a more natural hue. rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2009
    B.D.,

The very first image in this thread is now the cropped image that you suggested. This rendering is the best I can do to maintain the bluish tint to the sidewalk and yet restore a more natural appearance to the dog's coloration. Maybe rutt. or someone else, can do better.

Tom

FLASH!!!!

Well, I thought the first image had been swapped out for a cropped version....apparently not. Act like it has been cropped like the following versions. The real point is that, in the first image, the coloration of the dog is much better and , yet, the bluish tint to the sidewalk has been accurately maintained.