"sales" for no profit?

thaKingthaKing Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
edited October 5, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
i have some shots of family members that i was going to offer at cost (4x6 for $0.38 from Bay)...what i'm wondering is, since i'm offering these at cost, will i be notified when they place an order? i have a wait period to verify crops, etc...will i get a notification, or is that only when there are photos that are sold for a profit?

hopefully that makes sense...if not, lemme know and i'll try to clear up my question...

Comments

• Tim KamppinenTim Kamppinen Registered Users Posts: 816 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2009
    thaKing wrote:
    i have some shots of family members that i was going to offer at cost (4x6 for $0.38 from Bay)...what i'm wondering is, since i'm offering these at cost, will i be notified when they place an order? i have a wait period to verify crops, etc...will i get a notification, or is that only when there are photos that are sold for a profit?

hopefully that makes sense...if not, lemme know and i'll try to clear up my question...

I don't think there's notification for at-cost purchases... but maybe that's different if you have print delay on. If not, you could always price the prints at $0.01 over cost as a work-around.
  • bkatzbkatz Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2009
    You have to price them $.01 over cost for them to register. It also won't take the print delay into account unless you add the penny.
  • thaKingthaKing Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2009
    my family is gonna be upset - i'm adding a penny to the cost! rolleyes1.gif

thanks for the feedback...