Lollipop Fairy

goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
edited October 5, 2009 in People
Heres a photo from one of my recent shoots. C&C if you will :D .
50.jpg
Courtney

Comments

• kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2009
    She has gorgeous eyes! I just wish she had of looked up at you to make a bit more contact! Can't control that though :) The shot seems a tiny bit soft to me. Also seems you could bump up the colors a wee bit more to make the most of that fun lolipop and her purple wings! I'm not a pro so take my comment with a grain of salt (or sugar!). :) FUN shot !
    Heres a photo from one of my recent shoots. C&C if you will :D .
  • Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2009
    Cute kid! Colour looks a bit flat, but using Darren Rowse's step by step tutorial ( here ), after less than 5 mins I came up with this: ( uncropped, scaled down a teeny bit, and compressed to keep it below the max size allowed for this type of file…)
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2009
    clap.gif There ya go!!!!!
    Wil Davis wrote:
    Cute kid! Colour looks a bit flat, but using Darren Rowse's step by step tutorial ( here ), after less than 5 mins I came up with this: ( uncropped, scaled down a teeny bit, and compressed to keep it below the max size allowed for this type of file…)
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2009
    Nice!!!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2009
    Wil Davis wrote:
    LOVE IT! thank you!!
    Courtney
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2009
    I'm going to dissent (a little). Kid is definately cute, but I think the skin tones are too saturated/reddish here. The brick/grass pop is nice, but I'd back off a bit on the jeans/T-shirt. She started off a tad cool; the treatment definately enhanced the blue of her eyes very nicely.

Wil, I know you weren't intending on this as a final product on your edit.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2009
    Followed your technique advice on another photo of mine.. What do you think?? Is it to much color?
    BEFORE
    m1.jpg
    AFTER
    m1pp.jpg
    Courtney
  • Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    I'm going to dissent (a little). Kid is definately cute, but I think the skin tones are too saturated/reddish here. The brick/grass pop is nice, but I'd back off a bit on the jeans/T-shirt. She started off a tad cool; the treatment definately enhanced the blue of her eyes very nicely.

Wil, I know you weren't intending on this as a final product on your edit.

You're absolutely right, Andrew. That was done at around three this morning after returning from a long gig on Sunday night. After I posted it, I thought the reds to be a bit heavy, but the intention was to provide the OP with a means of of improving her pix. I was amazed by just how easy Darren's method is, and am grateful to whoever posted it here (can't remember original thread), but your point is well taken.

goldilocks - just seen your latest, and as Andrew points out, gotta be careful of those reds! mwink.gif

- Wil

PS: Watch the yellows also…
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2009
    Goldilocks, This new one is a bit yellowish.
    Wil, that link is now in my favorites to try out.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site