Hatcher's Trip...

akdirtbagakdirtbag Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited July 8, 2005 in People
Just wanted to post these pics of Tracy and John (coldclimb) from our latest Hatcher's Pass trip.

24197370_b57976f856.jpg
Tracy making faces at the camera.

22694304_899ab4407d.jpg
John climbing the slot (5.7) in good style.

Comments

• coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2005
    My first suggestion is to somehow catch Tracy BEFORE she strikes a pose. It's really hard, I know, but we have to keep trying. yelrotflmao.gif

And as for the pic of me, it seems a little bland. Maybe a bit bolder contrast and more saturation would help give it some impact. Good stuff though for sure!thumb.gif
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2005
    akdirtbag wrote:
    Just wanted to post these pics of Tracy and John (coldclimb) from our latest Hatcher's Pass trip.

22694304_899ab4407d.jpg
    John climbing the slot (5.7) in good style.
    I forgot what thread it was, but it has been mentioned before (Thailand thread I think).

Not being a climber, I still know that a 5.7 route is a tough route. Yet the picture doesn't convey that at all, it is hard to get a perspective how vertical it really is, what the true difficulty is, and unless you were there, the picture doesn;t really relay the story. Does that make sense?

FWIW,

XO,
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
  • akdirtbagakdirtbag Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited July 8, 2005
    XO-Studios wrote:
    I forgot what thread it was, but it has been mentioned before (Thailand thread I think).

Not being a climber, I still know that a 5.7 route is a tough route. Yet the picture doesn't convey that at all, it is hard to get a perspective how vertical it really is, what the true difficulty is, and unless you were there, the picture doesn;t really relay the story. Does that make sense?

FWIW,

XO,

Actually, although difficulty is subjective, a 5.7 route is by most (if not all standards) considered easy. Most 5.7 routes are not completely vertical, most are low angle and that can be observed in the photgraph. Now if I was intending to make the route look difficult I could have by just making it look past vertical, but that is sneaky.
  • XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2005
    akdirtbag wrote:
    Actually, although difficulty is subjective, a 5.7 route is by most (if not all standards) considered easy. Most 5.7 routes are not completely vertical, most are low angle and that can be observed in the photgraph. Now if I was intending to make the route look difficult I could have by just making it look past vertical, but that is sneaky.
    My bad ;)

Did the comments make sense tho?
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
  • akdirtbagakdirtbag Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited July 8, 2005
    XO-Studios wrote:
    My bad ;)

Did the comments make sense tho?
    Yeah what you said made sense. Thanks for the comments.
  • coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2005
    Yeah I've personally noticed that the view looking straight down with the "horizon" of the rock horizontal always seems to lessen the steepness in the photo. I usually like to keep the rock oriented vertically, myself. Sometimes it works that way, but in my experience most of the time it doesn't.
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com