Options

Registrar scam?

antistarantistar Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
edited October 5, 2009 in SmugMug Support
I received an email today, saying it's from "SmugMug domains by Godaddy". It sounds a lot like a scam, but I want to make sure and maybe warn other SmugMug users of it:

[FONT=verdana,sans serif]This notification is to let you know that some or all of the products you purchased from Domains Priced Right will now be managed through SmugMug domains by GoDaddy. SmugMug domains by GoDaddy offers the same great domain and service management tools, as well as friendly, 24/7, expert service.

To resume management of these services, visit https://www.securepaynet.net/gdshop/rhp/default.asp?prog_id=427342&isc=wwbb1137 and use the same login name and password you used with Domains Priced Right. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact us at support@secureserver.net or call 480-624-2500.

Remember, SmugMug domains by GoDaddy promises excellent service, and your management tools will remain exactly the same. You simply have a new place to manage your account.

Sincerely,
SmugMug domains by GoDaddy

[/FONT]

Comments

• Options
    rkw624rkw624 Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2009
    I just received the same email. ???
    antistar wrote:
    I received an email today, saying it's from "SmugMug domains by Godaddy". It sounds a lot like a scam, but I want to make sure and maybe warn other SmugMug users of it:

[FONT=verdana,sans serif]This notification is to let you know that some or all of the products you purchased from Domains Priced Right will now be managed through SmugMug domains by GoDaddy. SmugMug domains by GoDaddy offers the same great domain and service management tools, as well as friendly, 24/7, expert service.

To resume management of these services, visit https://www.securepaynet.net/gdshop/rhp/default.asp?prog_id=427342&isc=wwbb1137 and use the same login name and password you used with Domains Priced Right. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact us at support@secureserver.net or call 480-624-2500.

Remember, SmugMug domains by GoDaddy promises excellent service, and your management tools will remain exactly the same. You simply have a new place to manage your account.

Sincerely,
    SmugMug domains by GoDaddy

[/FONT]
    Rich
  • Options
    Dan7312Dan7312 Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2009
    I received the same email too. Is there some info as to what this is about?
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2009
    You can totally disregard this email, very sorry you received it.

Go Daddy accidentally expired our reseller account and that Domains Priced Right name was placed on our account. This action generated an automatic email to all our customers that bought a domain through our www.smugmugdomains.com site.

Everything is back to normal and taken care. No action is needed by you.

Thanks and sorry about for the inconvenience,
  • Options
    rkw624rkw624 Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2009
    I emailed SmugMug and here is their reply to me.
    "Hey Rich,

You can totally disregard this email, very sorry you received it.

Go Daddy accidentally expired our reseller account and that Domains Priced Right name was placed on our account. This action generated an automatic email to all our customers that bought a domain through our www.smugmugdomains.com site.

Everything is back to normal and taken care. No action is needed by you.

Thanks and sorry about for the inconvenience."
    Dan7312 wrote:
    I received the same email too. Is there some info as to what this is about?
    Rich