Julia. Four printed photos

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited July 9, 2005 in People
Priviet, dear friends!
Here's my printing files - I just resized them...
2595.jpg
2596.jpg
2597.jpg
2598.jpg
Interesting to know your opinion, because I try to make printed photos more 'artistic' so to say...
Spasibo for your comments and critique, I realy need them to make my photos better...
Yuri

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2005
    Nice shots. I don't care for your B&W conversions. I think her skin has a luminous quality in the color shots, but in the B&W her skin looks dingy. I believe that you could probably process the B&W to be more flattering to her.

I do like the shots, though. She shoots nicely, and you've done a nice job.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2005
    David
    DavidTO wrote:
    Nice shots. I don't care for your B&W conversions. I think her skin has a luminous quality in the color shots, but in the B&W her skin looks dingy. I believe that you could probably process the B&W to be more flattering to her.

I do like the shots, though. She shoots nicely, and you've done a nice job.

Spasibo, David!
    Its because of her freckles... They dont look attractive in b&w.. At the same time I choose b&w to underline her 'character' - grace, affinity and independence at the same time...

You have so many wonderful photos there, David, but most of what I wanted to see were password protected ...
    Yuri
  • BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2005
    I really like the soft effect in the second one Yuri. I'm sure she will be happy with them.

regards
    alan
  • aurafloraauraflora Registered Users Posts: 471 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2005
    Fourth photo
    Hello Yuri,

I think your fourth photo is wonderful. I like the close-up and the division of the frame, plus the crop on top of the head. Julia's eye contact with the camera is wonderful and her look is subtle yet strong.
    I like the black and white and like it;s softness--not too much contrast.

Michal
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2005
    I like the last one because of the contact with the camera but there is a roughness to it. I like the full length one also but not so much the other color one. While I think the soft effect works for the full length one it looks too much like you were trying to hide something, to me, when you use it too much on the close up of the face. I really like your style, I think she will like them. But these are artistic so who can judge but the lady in the photo if they are good enough for her. Good job Yuri.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • GatorGator Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2005
    What a beautiful series! Wow, I would love a skirt like that! Can you find out how to get one? :D I just love the last shot. She's all yours, wonderful eye contact! These are very nice!
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2005
    How much do you charge for portrait photograpy lessons?

Sam
  • coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2005
    I love the second one! Excellent work as usual Yuri. thumb.gif
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited July 9, 2005
    i think they're all very beautiful. the only thing i would have liked to see is more variety in her poses. in the three that you can see her body in she has her arms crossed. BUT they're all beautiful. i might have brought the graininess down just a bit on the last one, but it's still lovely.
  • USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2005
    Yuri
    I love #1,2 and 3
    #4 I would love to see given the same treatment as #2 :D

Great work as always clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Thanks
    Fred
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2005
    Spasibo, dear firends!
    Yuri