Sportscar Vintage Racing Assoc at New Jersey Motorsports Park

woellerdwoellerd Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
edited October 13, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
This is a small sampling of the action from the weekend racing at NJMP. Beautiful cars on the track, and on display in the paddock. More images in the events galleries of my site. Hope you enjoy seeing some of these vintage cars maintained to be raced. Thanks again for looking.

671249581_nXaCw-L.jpg

This is Paul Neumans old Trans Am car

671171530_TR6uB-L.jpg

668978276_wrHbY-L.jpg

671296249_UJoZf-L.jpg

668922539_a3NuB-L.jpg
Dave Woeller

My Galleries: DWPhotoworks

My Blog Page: DWPhotoworksblog

Become a fan: DWPhotoworksfan

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited October 9, 2009
    Very crisp shots of some very cool machines. thumb.gif
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2009
    You've got some nice shots here. I find the third shot interesting....the driver's helmet looks very large in relation to the car. It's obviously a small car but the proportions just seem odd. Good work, though, on your part.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • woellerdwoellerd Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2009
    Thank you Richard and Tom. Yes it is a very small cat. It was a husband and wife team who seemed to just simply love being out there competing, and really loved their car. Really nice to see.

668951067_APTho-M.jpg
    Dave Woeller

• PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2009
    Howdy Dave,

Very nicely done, really sharp and good compositions to show the cars off

well.

We have a small track in the area, it's a "Private Racing Club" but have really been wanting to make it out and watch them race, it looks like a very interesting track.

Once again, very nicely done
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited October 9, 2009
    Thank you Craig. There are two courses at the park with this one being 2.2 miles while the second is just a tad longer. During the summer months the tracks are busy every day. Keeps me hopping.:D There are several galleries in the events folder of my site showing some of the major events from this year. I did however miss the Rolex Grand Am series weekend. :cry
    Dave Woeller

• moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2009
    Super shots, Dave! Really nice work.

Let me ask you something - I was hoping to get down to NJPM this summer, but life got in the way, really wanted to hit the ARCA or bike races last month. How is shooting down there? Do you have special access, or can any spectator get views like this? I'll have to put the track on my list for next summer, and would like to know what to expect.
    edited October 10, 2009
    Thanks Moose135. I am on the park Green Flag Committee, so fortunately, I have total access. I will say however that you can easily get shots equal to these in many locations. Once you pay your addmission, you will have access to the paddock and garage areas which can yield some great shots. Visit www.njmp.com and you can see the layout of the 2 tracks. The major events are all held on the Thunderbolt course. The park is laid out with a chain link fence approx 15-20 feet from the track guardrails in most areas (areas with large runoffs are obviously farther back). You can pick a spot and camp out to shoot or move around at will. The fence is about 5 feet high and I see many folks with a small stool or box to stand on to shoot over the fence. before gaining access, I had shot over the fence without a box, but it's tough to pan. A 200, 300, or 400mm lens is about all you'll need. The shots here are with a 100-400 zoom and in most cases I have to back off a bit from the 400. Check the media section of the track site. If you can get a letter of assignment, you could possibly get media access for trackside access. Hope this helps, and hope to see you here next year.
    Dave Woeller

• moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    Thanks for the info, Dave, that really helps a lot. I'll definitely have to check it out next season.