Options

Frog days of Spring?

AltProAltPro Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
edited May 31, 2004 in Wildlife
Just a couple of Frogs I've met, of late.
Two small frogs, each less than a couple of inches stretched out. Both decided to visit our pool, which to their way of thinking, is their pond. Now if they had their way, our pool would become the neighborhood Frog breeding pond. So, every morning, I scoop them out, and have decided that if they must swim, then I will photograph... Somehow though, I don't think they approve or see it as a fair trade.

"Frog Legs"

4567339-L.jpg

"Frog Eyes"
4567245-L.jpg

"Frog Day at the Beach" "Photoshop Manipulation"

4567246-L.jpg

"Skin"
4613784-L.jpg

"Feeling Green"

4613779-L.jpg

"Portrait of a Frog"
4613824-L.jpg

"Butt Shot"
4613721-L.jpg

"Ready at the Block"
4613759-L.jpg

"Frog Path"
4613851-L.jpg

ginette
"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

Comments

• Options
    tsiyatsiya Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited May 31, 2004
    Cut Back On The Chlorine!
    Of course it is their pool, just enjoy while You can, they will pose for the price of a few bugs You have no use for anyway. I am of course, just a bit Froggy Myself, but they are some of the greatest models You are ever likely to have. I love these pics! Never use DEET,BTW, ain't good for the frogs, spoils the bug flavor. tsiya
  • Options
    AltProAltPro Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2004
    Bulgy, bulbous eyes...
    tsiya wrote:
    Of course it is their pool, just enjoy while You can, they will pose for the price of a few bugs You have no use for anyway. I am of course, just a bit Froggy Myself, but they are some of the greatest models You are ever likely to have. I love these pics! Never use DEET,BTW, ain't good for the frogs, spoils the bug flavor. tsiya
    Tsiya:
    There is something about their "bulgy, bulbous eyes and their tiny, suckery toes," that make them hard to get angry with. I am always saddened to find one that has drowned in the skimmer. Not much I can do at the moment though, but I am trying to come up with a way to screen in along the bottom of the pool fencing as a way to keep them out.
    Until then, I keep scooping them out.

Yours is a beautiful photo... so very green.
    ginette
    "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."