Arches

dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
edited October 8, 2009 in Landscapes
I'm sorry that I've kind of disappeared in recent weeks. School has started again and I'm also working so I have been left with little free time.

Here are a couple shots I took at Arches national Park during my trip down to the Southwest last month.

Just before sunrise.
651794534_xmdfz-XL-1.jpg

I didn't even touch the saturation in this image. The sandstone really does get this red.
640629535_9vatK-XL-2.jpg

Comments

• rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2009
    I have been missing both you and your photos Danny!!
    I like both of these, but for me, #1 is really the standout. I love all of the color!!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2009
    These are both outstanding. I wonder how they would look if you blended a separate layer or (very subtle) HDR to bring out the colors in the sky a little? Dunno, just a thought, though they are great as is.
  • dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2009
    ront wrote:
    I have been missing both you and your photos Danny!!
    I like both of these, but for me, #1 is really the standout. I love all of the color!!

Ron

Thanks, Ron! The first shot was just something I was doing while waiting around for the sun to come up so I could run back to my spot and take the second shot. I'm glad you like it.
    edited October 7, 2009
    chrismoore wrote:
    These are both outstanding. I wonder how they would look if you blended a separate layer or (very subtle) HDR to bring out the colors in the sky a little? Dunno, just a thought, though they are great as is.

The colors in the sky were pretty cool while I was taking that first shot and I had to do a manual blend of two exposures to bring them out. I feel that if I darken the sky anymore, it will lose its natural look. I might go back and play around with it, though.
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2009
    "The sandstone really does get this red"

it sure does... nice work, Danny. i got some shots of Turret Arch when i was there last year, but not at that time of day, so mine don't have that deep ruddy hue. one of these days, i'm gonna get back down there when i have a lot more time to spend...
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2009
    Beautiful job my friend, i would like to see bit more light in 1st mwink.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited October 8, 2009
    squirl033 wrote:
    "The sandstone really does get this red"

it sure does... nice work, Danny. i got some shots of Turret Arch when i was there last year, but not at that time of day, so mine don't have that deep ruddy hue. one of these days, i'm gonna get back down there when i have a lot more time to spend...

The only shots I got of Turret Arch were through the North Window. I should have spent a little more time exploring the area.
    edited October 8, 2009
    Beautiful job my friend, i would like to see bit more light in 1st mwink.gif

Thanks for the advice. I'll mess with it when I get a little time.