Options

Punks

PedroPedro Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
edited October 8, 2009 in Street and Documentary
Shot with a Nikon D3 and Carl Zeiss 35mm at f4. I asked them permission to make the photo.

672587341_kdEfT-X3.jpg

Comments

• Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2009
    Pedro wrote:
    Shot with a Nikon D3 and Carl Zeiss 35mm at f4. I asked them permission to make the photo.

Even though you asked them to pose, there's something intriquing about it. But I sure wish your shadow wasn't smack in the middle of the group you're shooting. :ivar
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    edited October 7, 2009
    bdcolen wrote:
    Even though you asked them to pose, there's something intriquing about it. But I sure wish your shadow wasn't smack in the middle of the group you're shooting. :ivar

Yes, the shadow it's a pity. When I noticed my shadow was in the photo it was to late... with these guys its tough :D to get a second chance!

I guess it takes a lot of experience (and guts) to make sure everything is correct - fast and under pressure. Living and learning.

Thanks for taking time to review my picture.
  • Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2009
    I stayed on that street in Lisboa in 1999. I love that area! So near Alfama...
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2009
    Pedro,
    I like your shot--mostly because of the crazy lady's smile---it's so beyond forced it's hysterical, especially in the setting with the those two guys in particular.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited October 8, 2009
    Thanks Liz. I agree - the girl's face is a +
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,928 moderator
    edited October 8, 2009
    There's something oddly appealing about this shot. Before I read some of the comments above, I thought that perhaps your shadow was there intentionally, a kind of screw it all statement that went well with your subjects. Talk about over analyzing...rolleyes1.gif