Options

Composite Info

Stacey LStacey L Registered Users Posts: 151 Major grins
edited October 8, 2009 in Finishing School
Hi all:
I've always been able to get some good info from this forum. I'm getting a lot of requests for these types of portraits ( link below). I'm not interested in the lighting or camera info, I got that and it will change based on your creativity. What's confusing to me is the Photoshop. I know they are composites (sometimes more than 2), but how does he get "them" to actually touch each other/overlap? Is he using a stand-in and then auto-align and painting over or is he masking/cloning? haven't been able to find anything out here on the web and, no, the very talented photographer is not coughing up his secrets emoticon-smile.gif
http://www.google.com/...p;sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=2&ct=image
Thanks so much for your help in advance,

Stacey

"Be strong, courageous and get to work. Don't be frightened by the size of the task, because the Lord my God is with you; He will not forsake you. He will see to it that everything is finished correctly." 1 Chronicles 28:20

Comments

• Options
    RalphAdamRalphAdam Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited October 8, 2009
    The National Association of Photoshop Professionals has some good recent tutorials on how to do precisely what you're looking for. If you're a member, they're free.

Stacey L wrote:
    Hi all:
    I've always been able to get some good info from this forum. I'm getting a lot of requests for these types of portraits ( link below). I'm not interested in the lighting or camera info, I got that and it will change based on your creativity. What's confusing to me is the Photoshop. I know they are composites (sometimes more than 2), but how does he get "them" to actually touch each other/overlap? Is he using a stand-in and then auto-align and painting over or is he masking/cloning? haven't been able to find anything out here on the web and, no, the very talented photographer is not coughing up his secrets emoticon-smile.gif
    http://www.google.com/...p;sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=2&ct=image
    Thanks so much for your help in advance,

• Options
    Stacey LStacey L Registered Users Posts: 151 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2009
    Are there any that can be reposted here, Ralph? I'm not a NAPP member--too expensive right now for me:cry
    RalphAdam wrote:
    The National Association of Photoshop Professionals has some good recent tutorials on how to do precisely what you're looking for. If you're a member, they're free.
    Stacey

"Be strong, courageous and get to work. Don't be frightened by the size of the task, because the Lord my God is with you; He will not forsake you. He will see to it that everything is finished correctly." 1 Chronicles 28:20