Customers can't Add to Cart

RubenZRubenZ Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
edited October 8, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I've had quite a few customers complain that they can't add photos to cart when at their work place. I know its probably because flash and other plugins are disabled. The way I get around this is if they select add many photos from this gallery instead of buy this photo it takes them to a web based CART and there it works, but its annoying because that way doesnt allow you to select different sizes for different prints. Smugmug should have a non-FLASH based shopping cart to get around things like this. Or maybe they already have it, i just missed it.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2009
    Hi, no parts of our shopping cart use Flash - none. If they can't buy, it's due likely to domain blocking, or Javascript off, or secure browsing disabled, or cookies blocked or something like that - have them write our heroes, we really can help your clients.
  • RubenZRubenZ Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited October 8, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, no parts of our shopping cart use Flash - none. If they can't buy, it's due likely to domain blocking, or Javascript off, or secure browsing disabled, or cookies blocked or something like that - have them write our heroes, we really can help your clients.

Cool Andy! I'll have them do that.
  • tlphotostlphotos Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited October 8, 2009
    workplace blocking SM for personal bandwith restrictions
    Many businesses, especially larger ones have SmugMug blocked due to "presonal use bandwidth" restrictions. If you use your own domain name, the blocking of SM url would not be noticed until you went to buy something or do something through SM. I bet if they tried to go to the SM website, they would be restricted or blocked.
    My day job has SM blocked too. I can go all over my SM galleries which use my domain name, but when I go to buy something, nothing happens. It is weird that the "restricted site" page does not always appear, but SM is blocked.

Andy gives good advice that the SM help desk is awesome and will work with your customers. Do keep in mind however, that your customer's workplace has the blocking active on purpose and that their company IT can track where anyone in their organization is/has been web surfing and your customers may be getting themselves in trouble - not that it is your fault, but you do not want to be indirectly a part or your customer's workplace reprimand.