674704356_VmWD7-M.jpg

674722085_Genjr-M.jpg

674726081_MAruU-M.jpg

674689389_jKtiL-M.jpg

Comments

• JimFuglestadJimFuglestad Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2009
    Hi Josh,

#4-6 are my faves, with #6 running away as the best of the bunch, IMO.

Before I talk about #4-6 allow me to talk about the others...

#1 and #7 just miss. The lighting is to strong and mis-located, artificially in #1 and naturally in #2, but both aren't doing it for me.

I'm dyin' over #2 and #3.

I'm looking at that door and doorway in #2 and SO want Nolan to be sitting down leaning into the corner of the door and wall - or standing leaning into the same corner. The light looks fantastic back in there. They're work as they are - but uff-da - I can't get past the doorway opportunity! : ) The other thing about those two is the slightly upward angle. I think they would work better with a slightly downward or even perspective. Maybe.

So, #4-6... these really seem to hit it. More relaxed, more natural, better lighting, and hm... a downward perspective. #6 really hits it. A very nice portrait.

One more general comment I'd make, and I don't know your settings, but they look like "f8 is Great." Explore your larger apertures to isolate your subject and blur distractions from the background.

Overall these are very nice - Just a couple suggestions.

Have a great weekend!

Jim
    Live with intention.
    Walk to the edge.
    Listen hard.
    Pratice wellness.
    Play with abandon.
    Laugh.
    Choose with no regrets.
    Appreciate your friends.
    Continue to learn.
    Do what you love.
    Live as if this is all there is.
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2009
    i think all the out door ones were shot at at f4. I shoot with the 24 to 105 f4 L (canon)

I think on the indoor I went to 5.6 to get the black to go to black so i don't have to do it in post. as I look at it here, that needs a little work.

I will give some thought to that door. I shoot there a lot, so I appreciate the ideas.