Louvre?

Carmelo75Carmelo75 Registered Users Posts: 232 Major grins
edited October 16, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
hi everybody,

I just managed to scan and process few old slide film shots.

Those two were taken on front of the Louvre Museum in Paris, but I have tried to focus on less conventional details...

Still full of dust spots, but I had no time to clean them up, so please close one (or even both) eyes regarding this point...

C&C please!

3995253836_4d5d315160_o.jpg

3995253764_fb5de3a9d5_o.jpg

Comments

• PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2009
    Howdy Carmelo,

Really like what you've presented us with, but I keep thinking if the images were more to scale of the viewing size it would make the compositions more powerful? They just don't seem to be showing all their potential?

Just my 2cents.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited October 10, 2009
    15524779-Ti.gif I think these are both interesting shots, but it is hard to judge the composition when you have to scroll. They could both stand a bit of pop. I think #2 has great potential if you could bring out the red a bit more.
  • Carmelo75Carmelo75 Registered Users Posts: 232 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2009
    craig, richard, thanks for the suggestions.

here is a new (and smaller) edit of shot #2, maybe the red look now a little bit artificial...?

even smaller in the next post
    edited October 10, 2009
    edited October 10, 2009
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2009
    Hey.... I like both of them ..... The 2nd one is a lot better ..popping the color really helped......I would get rid of the pipe on the right the side, it doesn't add anything to the shot. How about fixing the first one, like make it a little smaller and giving it some pop, it is a little soft.....thumb.gifthumb azzaro
    edited October 16, 2009
    thanks to all who have commented the shots, I really apreciated! :D

here is the first image edited to give it more contrast. the details in the human figures are now almost lost, but it probably does not disturb in this case...