Options

Is the Smgmug Server Down Again

diannonediannone Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited October 9, 2009 in Bug Reporting
I am new to Smugmug. I spent a load of time figuring out how to build a site on the system. I am not a happy camper this morning. Yesterday there was a server outage, and this morning I have encountered the same. Also, I couldn't get my custom header to load before the system collapsed. I need reliability, and cannot mess around with a system that is off and on. Please fill me in on what the situation. Thanks. ~Don Iannone

Comments

• Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2009
    diannone wrote:
    I am new to Smugmug. I spent a load of time figuring out how to build a site on the system. I am not a happy camper this morning. Yesterday there was a server outage, and this morning I have encountered the same. Also, I couldn't get my custom header to load before the system collapsed. I need reliability, and cannot mess around with a system that is off and on. Please fill me in on what the situation. Thanks. ~Don Iannone

My site is working fine - hopefully yours is back to normal by now.

Add this site to your feed reader: http://smugmug.wordpress.com/feed/ . It's the Smugmug status blog that'll tell you (almost always) when there are outages.

Smugmug has more downtime and outage events than most of the other major players in this field, but they are normally short (others can be down for days), the customer service is outstanding, and the communication is adequate.

There are times the downtime will frustrate you (it doesn't matter if it's only for an hour when it's during the hour you set aside to work!) but I've yet to find anyone worth switching to.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2009
    diannone wrote:
    We'd need to see your site, Don - it's all working fine here, and has been, today.
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2009
    diannone wrote:
    I am new to Smugmug. I spent a load of time figuring out how to build a site on the system. I am not a happy camper this morning.
    Mine was down yesterday morning as well, right as I was trying to show my stuff off to a potential client with a new Lamborghini. :( But my site is up now.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu